The British International School Of Houston
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (713) 290-9025
The British International School Of Houston Photo #2 - Our Be Ambitious philosophy drives our educational offer. We believe there is no limit to what your child can achieve. We ignite your child's curiosity and tell them to reach for their dreams, to step outside their comfort zones and try something new, and above all, to be ambitious.
The British International School Of Houston Photo #3 - Our collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has resulted in a practical, hands-on programme that will open your child's eyes to the possibilities of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. Students will tackle challenges and workshops created by MIT experts, and develop skills that will help them invent the future.
The British International School Of Houston Photo #4 - In collaboration with The Juilliard School, we aim to transform your child's understanding of the performing arts. Students will discover iconic works, and their creativity and collaborative skills will flourish with help from a worldwide network of performers and teachers.
- The British International School of Houston provides high quality education in a structured, positive and caring environment designed to meet the individual needs of students.
- Our state-of-the-art facilities are designed specifically to enhance learning opportunities for students from Nursery (Pre-Kindergarten) through to Year 13 (Grade 12).
- The school welcomes all nationalities, engenders respect for all cultures, and a sense of discipline is naturally achieved.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language- based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Chemistry, English, French, History, Physics, Spanish|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,450|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes books and supplies.|
|Admissions Director||Jane Chastant|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, WeightliftingBadminton, Ballet,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- The British International School of Houston was the third of the British Schools of America to open, opening its doors in September 2000.
- We are part of the Nord Anglia Education group of 42 schools around the globe.
- The British International School of Houston has a new, state-of-the-art, purpose built, 33-acre campus, conveniently located in Katy at Westgreen and I10. It features an impressive array of cutting-edge facilities and exciting learning areas to enrich your child's school experience.
- Our dynamic learning spaces are specifically designed to enhance the learning process, with open and moveable classrooms that can be tailored to each lesson to create collaborative and exciting environments.
- This unique and international style of the school has proven popular and attractive to a wide variety of American, British and international families in the Harris county area. Today, BISH's student body, from Nursery through to Year 13, is made up of over fifty-two nationalities, the majority being American and British. The school's capacity is 2000 students.
- The British International School of Houston provides a nurturing environment with a world-class personalised learning approach that is grounded in each student's unique experiences, cpabilities and interests. With roots in the Houston community and international curricula founded on British values, we develop lifelong learners who are resilient, confident and capable of shaping the world around them.
- From the enquiry and play based approach in the Early Years to the highly specilised IB Diploma Programme, our students benefit from a differentiated and personalised approach that empowers every student to make exceptional progress.
- As early as three years of age, children at BISH begin to learn to read through carefully guided play. Our Primary school students perform well beyond their peers when benchmarked against international standards. This trend continues through our IB Diploma Programme in high school, where our students score amongst the top 5% of students worldwide.
- Our graduates are accepted into prestigious universities, both in the US and worldwide, inluding Cornell University, London School of Economics, West Point Academy, Oxford University, UCLA and the University of Cambridge, to name but a few.
- No matter where our students come from, they leave better prepared with a global passport to their future. We are more than a place to learn: We are the place to be.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Katy Grades: 9-12 | 437 students
1800 West Grand Parkway N.
Katy, TX 77449
(281) 693-1000 3.4 9-12
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 782-1640 14.1 PK-12
- Katy Grades: PK-K | 156 students
2530 S Peek Rd
Katy, TX 77450
(281) 392-0011 4.2 PK-K
Its an amazing school! Has the right facilatys and has lots of IB subjects.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - emmie
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?