The British International School Of Houston
The British International School Of Houston Photo #2 - Our Be Ambitious philosophy drives our educational offer. We believe there is no limit to what your child can achieve. We ignite your child's curiosity and tell them to reach for their dreams, to step outside their comfort zones and try something new, and above all, to be ambitious.
The British International School Of Houston Photo #3 - Our collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has resulted in a practical, hands-on programme that will open your child's eyes to the possibilities of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. Students will tackle challenges and workshops created by MIT experts, and develop skills that will help them invent the future.
The British International School Of Houston Photo #4 - In collaboration with The Juilliard School, we aim to transform your child's understanding of the performing arts. Students will discover iconic works, and their creativity and collaborative skills will flourish with help from a worldwide network of performers and teachers.
The British International School of Houston provides high quality education in a structured, positive and caring environment designed to meet the individual needs of students.
Our state-of-the-art facilities are designed specifically to enhance learning opportunities for students from Nursery (Pre-Kindergarten) through to Year 13 (Grade 12).
The school welcomes all nationalities, engenders respect for all cultures, and a sense of discipline is naturally achieved.
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Yearly Tuition: $26,450
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Language- based and Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Art, Biology, Chemistry, English, French, History, Physics, Spanish
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition includes books and supplies.
Total Sports Offered
- The British International School of Houston was the third of the British Schools of America to open, opening its doors in September 2000.
- We are part of the Nord Anglia Education group of 42 schools around the globe.
- The British International School of Houston has a new, state-of-the-art, purpose built, 33-acre campus, conveniently located in Katy at Westgreen and I10. It features an impressive array of cutting-edge facilities and exciting learning areas to enrich your child's school experience.
- Our dynamic learning spaces are specifically designed to enhance the learning process, with open and moveable classrooms that can be tailored to each lesson to create collaborative and exciting environments.
- This unique and international style of the school has proven popular and attractive to a wide variety of American, British and international families in the Harris county area. Today, BISH's student body, from Nursery through to Year 13, is made up of over fifty-two nationalities, the majority being American and British. The school's capacity is 2000 students.
- The British International School of Houston provides a nurturing environment with a world-class personalised learning approach that is grounded in each student's unique experiences, cpabilities and interests. With roots in the Houston community and international curricula founded on British values, we develop lifelong learners who are resilient, confident and capable of shaping the world around them.
- From the enquiry and play based approach in the Early Years to the highly specilised IB Diploma Programme, our students benefit from a differentiated and personalised approach that empowers every student to make exceptional progress.
- As early as three years of age, children at BISH begin to learn to read through carefully guided play. Our Primary school students perform well beyond their peers when benchmarked against international standards. This trend continues through our IB Diploma Programme in high school, where our students score amongst the top 5% of students worldwide.
- Our graduates are accepted into prestigious universities, both in the US and worldwide, inluding Cornell University, London School of Economics, West Point Academy, Oxford University, UCLA and the University of Cambridge, to name but a few.
- No matter where our students come from, they leave better prepared with a global passport to their future. We are more than a place to learn: We are the place to be.
Its an amazing school! Has the right facilatys and has lots of IB subjects.
Endorse The British International School Of Houston. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.