St. John XXIII College Preparatory
St. John XXIII College Preparatory located in Katy, a suburb of Houston, Texas, was founded in 2004 as Pope John XXIII High School. With the canonization of Pope John XXIII in 2014, the school changed its name to St. John XXIII College Preparatory. St. John XXIII College Preparatory is a competitive coeducational college preparatory school of 450 students from Houston`s far west side which includes Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, Spring, Richmond, Rosenberg, Memorial, and Spring Branch areas.
St. John XXIII employs 45 teaching faculty with 50 percent holding Master degrees or greater.
On average, each graduating class of ~ 120 student receive more than $5 million in scholarships, accumulate more than 9,700 service hours, with a 100 percent college placement rate.
St. John XXIII College Preparatory is accredited by Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops Education Department (TCCB-ED) and AvancEd .
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 437 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Average SAT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Pants, shirts, skirts, polos)
(Pants, shirts, skirts, polos)
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
- In 2001, a group of community leaders joined forces with Monsignor Joe H. Crosthwait and Monsignor Ed Randall and took a giant leap of faith. Soon, they were joined by others who believed in the leadership team and its purpose and vision for the future. Pope John XXIII High School opened in 2004, the first new Catholic high school in the Houston area in more than 40 years a refreshing new model of hope for the future of Catholic secondary education. With the canonization of Pope John XXIII in April 2014, the school changed its name to St. John XXIII College Preparatory.
- Our mission is to prepare the hearts and minds of our students to serve God and others.
- Vision Statement: St. John XXIII College Preparatory develops and inspires students in mind, body, spirit, and imagination through Catholic education. We prepare young men and women for life's challenges, to live lives of integrity, and to understand the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Philosophy: As a Catholic college preparatory, we are dedicated to the mission of the Catholic Church to share the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Profile last updated:
Endorse St. John XXIII College Preparatory. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.