St. John XXIII College Preparatory
Tel: (281) 693-1000
- St. John XXIII College Preparatory located in Katy, a suburb of Houston, Texas, was founded in 2004 as Pope John XXIII High School. With the canonization of Pope John XXIII in 2014, the school changed its name to St. John XXIII College Preparatory. St. John XXIII College Preparatory is a competitive coeducational college preparatory school of 450 students from Houston`s far west side which includes Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, Spring, Richmond, Rosenberg, Memorial, and Spring Branch areas.
- St. John XXIII employs 45 teaching faculty with 50 percent holding Master degrees or greater.
- On average, each graduating class of ~ 120 student receive more than $5 million in scholarships, accumulate more than 9,700 service hours, with a 100 percent college placement rate.
- St. John XXIII College Preparatory is accredited by Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops Education Department (TCCB-ED) and AvancEd .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||437 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1400|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Pants, shirts, skirts, polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Christine Langeland|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren Cowan|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- In 2001, a group of community leaders joined forces with Monsignor Joe H. Crosthwait and Monsignor Ed Randall and took a giant leap of faith. Soon, they were joined by others who believed in the leadership team and its purpose and vision for the future. Pope John XXIII High School opened in 2004, the first new Catholic high school in the Houston area in more than 40 years a refreshing new model of hope for the future of Catholic secondary education. With the canonization of Pope John XXIII in April 2014, the school changed its name to St. John XXIII College Preparatory.
- Our mission is to prepare the hearts and minds of our students to serve God and others.
- Vision Statement: St. John XXIII College Preparatory develops and inspires students in mind, body, spirit, and imagination through Catholic education. We prepare young men and women for life's challenges, to live lives of integrity, and to understand the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Philosophy: As a Catholic college preparatory, we are dedicated to the mission of the Catholic Church to share the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Katy Grades: PK-12 | 554 students
2225 Porter Road
Katy, TX 77493
(281) 391-5683 3.9 PK-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?