St John S Elementary School
Tel: (415) 584-8383
- St. John's Parish School is a Catholic K-8 school. St. John’s mission is to foster academic excellence along with Catholic values for the families it serves by teaching and modeling Christian moral development, service, community, respect and self-esteem.
- The primary religious goal of St. John’s School are to promote growth in knowledge and understanding of Christ, His Gospel and Church; to encourage a personal relationship with God our Creator; to recognize the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives; and to instill a sense of self-worth in each student and encourage full development of Godgiven talents for personal and community betterment.
- The social goal of St. John’s School is to prepare the students to function at their highest potential in the family, parish, local and world communities.
- We strive to instill in our students the values of honesty, cooperation, courage, respect, service, justice and peace as well as responsibility for all their actions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gift and Challenged Program offered|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Average is listed. Family discounts for more than one child. Tuition Assistance is available for qualifying familes|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sr. Shirley Garibaldi|
|Admissions Associate||Alisa Rosado|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Choral Instruction and Dance Instruction. Shakespeare for all Students, Fine Arts for all students: Art Instruction, Guitar, Piano, Yoga|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 248 students
3371 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 346-9500 2.1 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-9 | 175 students
450 Somerset St
San Francisco, CA 94134
(415) 468-3247 1.8 NS-9
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 178 students
321 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 647-8972 1.4 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
1690 Church St
San Francisco, CA 94131
(415) 648-2055 0.8 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?