St John S Elementary School
- St. John's Parish School is a Catholic K-8 school. St. John’s mission is to foster academic excellence along with Catholic values for the families it serves by teaching and modeling Christian moral development, service, community, respect and self-esteem.
- The primary religious goal of St. John’s School are to promote growth in knowledge and understanding of Christ, His Gospel and Church; to encourage a personal relationship with God our Creator; to recognize the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives; and to instill a sense of self-worth in each student and encourage full development of Godgiven talents for personal and community betterment.
- The social goal of St. John’s School is to prepare the students to function at their highest potential in the family, parish, local and world communities.
- We strive to instill in our students the values of honesty, cooperation, courage, respect, service, justice and peace as well as responsibility for all their actions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gift and Challenged Program offered|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Average is listed. Family discounts for more than one child. Tuition Assistance is available for qualifying familes|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sr. Shirley Garibaldi|
|Admissions Associate||Alisa Rosado|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Choral Instruction and Dance Instruction. Shakespeare for all Students, Fine Arts for all students: Art Instruction, Guitar, Piano, Yoga|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 248 students
3371 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415)346-9500 2.1 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-9 | 175 students
450 Somerset St
San Francisco, CA 94134
(415)468-3247 1.8 NS-9
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 178 students
321 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)647-8972 1.4 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
1690 Church St
San Francisco, CA 94131
(415)648-2055 0.8 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.