- St. John's Parish School is a Catholic K-8 school. St. John’s mission is to foster academic excellence along with Catholic values for the families it serves by teaching and modeling Christian moral development, service, community, respect and self-esteem.
- The primary religious goal of St. John’s School are to promote growth in knowledge and understanding of Christ, His Gospel and Church; to encourage a personal relationship with God our Creator; to recognize the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives; and to instill a sense of self-worth in each student and encourage full development of Godgiven talents for personal and community betterment.
- The social goal of St. John’s School is to prepare the students to function at their highest potential in the family, parish, local and world communities.
- We strive to instill in our students the values of honesty, cooperation, courage, respect, service, justice and peace as well as responsibility for all their actions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gift and Challenged Program offered|
|Total Students||296 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Average is listed. Family discounts for more than one child. Tuition Assistance is available for qualifying familes|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sr. Shirley Garibaldi|
|Admissions Associate||Alisa Rosado|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Choral Instruction and Dance Instruction. Shakespeare for all Students, Fine Arts for all students: Art Instruction, Guitar, Piano, Yoga Chess, Guitar, Piano, Yoga, Choral Instruction and Dance Instruction. Shakespeare for all Students,
Fine Arts for all students: Art Instruction,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 284 students
659 Pine St
San Francisco, CA 94108
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 230 students
1690 Church St
San Francisco, CA 94131
San FranciscoGrades: K-9 | 175 students
450 Somerset St
San Francisco, CA 94134
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 494 students
2550 41st Ave
San Francisco, CA 94116
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 253 students
665 Elizabeth St
San Francisco, CA 94114
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.