Our Lady Star Of The Sea School
5.00 (1 review)
- Jesus Christ is the center of our school community and the Person by whom we measure our life in its daily, physical, mental and spiritual activities.
- It is, therefore, the mission of OLSS in conjunction with the parents and guardians of our children to build a community which will reflect Gospel values, not only in the smaller school and parish setting, but also in the wider world society.
- Because we are also an academic institution, we strive for scholastic excellence by providing an organized and integrated curriculum which responds to the unique ability of each person.
- It is hoped that by providing a program that encourages spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth, the students are able to meet the challenges that face them as they strive to become members of a democratic society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntingtown Grades: PK-5 | 50 students
120 Cox Road
Huntingtown, MD 20639
(410)257-0533 20.8 PK-5
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 298 students
680 Harmon St
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248)644-2722 459.1 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: K-8 | 216 students
1658 E Lincoln St
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248)645-0551 457.7 K-8
It's a Catholic school, so you know they suffer from lack of funding to make it the prettiest and have the best facilities in the county...but it's what's inside the classroom that counts. We''ve been to "the best" and are sorry we didn't follow our gut and go with OLSS to begin with. You know what you have to pay for going in...no surprises! It's about the education and not the dollar. The feeling of community is genuine and not fake. The teachers ... I can't say enough about them. They are tough because they expect performance and that's what I love. My children rave about the games they play at PE and the teacher LOVES her job! In fact, going in to OLSS, PE was a least favorite class but now its #1 for my kiddos. The Music and Art teams leave me breathless with their performances and art that's displayed about the county. The children go on several field trips each year. All children participate in weekly Childrens Mass and each grade will take a week to do the readings, music and such. OLSS is surrounded by science! If your child loves science, they will love OLSS.
- Posted by Parent - thetr
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.