St. Johns Lutheran School
- Our purpose at St. John's Lutheran School, rests firmly on the foundation of Christ-- His work of salvation and His mission for us.
- We exist to enable children and members of their families to deepen their relationship with Christ so that through the ministry of the Holy Spirit they see His truth, reflect His Word, discover His gifts to them, and respond to His love by witnessing to others with depth and maturity.
- As a Christian school, motivated by God's love and direction, we also offer a program of academic excellence which encompasses all aspects of the curriculum.
- We want to prepare each student for future academic success and for being a productive member of society.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform from Dennis Clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Please call to receive an information folder.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Coding Club, Student Council (Middle School)
- St. John's has been serving Ventura County for over sixty-five years. Our goal is to prepare each child to be successful as they advance to high school.We strive to build character and discipline with the love of Christ as our students grow physically, academically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Our credentialed teaching staff and small class size give each student individual attention.
- Band and orchestra are offered as extra-curricular opportunites.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ventura Grades: NS-8 | 129 students
6360 Telephone Rd
Ventura, CA 93003
(805)658-2900 3.8 NS-8
- Oxnard Grades: PK-8 | 244 students
324 South E Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805)483-6935 1.1 PK-8
- Oxnard Grades: PK-8 | 109 students
723 S D St
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805)486-4656 1.4 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.