St. Joseph School-- Issaquah And Snoqualmie
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shauna Cogan|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, FIRST Lego League, Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts of America, Spanish Language Program, Speech Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Band, Drama Productions
St. Joseph School inspires spiritual growth and learning about God, oneself, and others within a caring Catholic faith community. In partnership with parents, we provide a dynamic academic experience that empowers students to recognize and use their God given gifts.
St. Joseph School is committed to educating the whole child. Recognizing each student as a unique individual, we prepare them spiritually, academically, socially, and morally to be active participants in the world. Providing an environment rooted in Catholic tradition, we cultivate intellectual challenge, character development, and the desire to serve in the local and global community. We seek to inspire the heart, mind and soul of every child.
Teaching the Whole Child
We foster lifelong learners who are spiritually active and socially responsible citizens of character.
- Our experienced teachers recognize each student as unique and honor their individual learning style
- Spirituality is developed through participation in prayer, liturgy, and the sacraments.
- Students participate in service and outreach to help make them aware of the needs and opportunities for assistance in their local and global communities.
- In addition to our state certified classroom teachers, highly qualified specialists instruct students in art, music, technology, and physical education.
- To further enrich the learning experience, enrichment courses - art, choir, band, Spanish, drama, speech, and robotics - are available to middle school students.
Our Washington State certified teachers emphasize a core curriculum of language arts, literature, mathematics, social studies, science, and religion. Technology is integrated into all subject areas.
- Our academic excellence is reflected in our strong IOWA Test scores. We consistently rank higher than 95% of schools across the nation.
- Ours LARS Program (Language Arts, Arithmetic and Reading Support program) provides additional reading and mathematics support to our students.
- Small class sizes create the best learning environment for students.
- Class sizes range from 18 to 22 students which allows teachers to work with small groups. Instructional assistants provide additional classroom support in grades K-5.
St. Joseph offers an extraordinarily committed staff and parent community.
- Strong teacher-parent collaboration enriches the educational experience and community feeling.
- All families enrich our environment by volunteering within the community. Activities include: working in the classroom, coaching CYO sports, leading Scouts or the Chess Club, helping in parish ministries, and coordinating school events.
- We offer extended care before and after school and bus service between campuses.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425) 255-0059 8.6 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-8 | 130 students
4400 130th Pl Se
Bellevue, WA 98006
(425) 747-6770 6.3 PK-8
- Kirkland Grades: PK-8 | 286 students
7300 120th Ave Ne
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425) 827-0444 11.6 PK-8
My son attended St. Joseph School from preschool through 8th grade, then went on to graduate from Eastside Catholic School as an Honors Student. We found the community of St. Joseph School to be friendly, welcoming and nurturing throughout the years. The administration and staff worked hand in hand with parents to ensure the success of every student, and though the experience wasn't without its "bumps" at times, the overall outcome for my son and our family was extremely positive. The education my son received at St. Joseph School prepared him well for the rigorous academic expectations of Eastside Catholic; and he developed life-long friendships that he continues to foster through his college years. As a parent, I was involved as a volunteer and enjoyed the camaraderie with other parents over the years, many of whom remain close friends. I would definitely recommend St. Joseph School if you are looking for a close-knit community, small class sizes and a quality Catholic education.
- Posted by Parent - Michele