Dartmoor is an accredited, year-round private school offering one-to-one customized instruction in grades 1-12 at its four campus locations: Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, and Seattle.
We believe that every student can learn, and that each student learns differently.
Dartmoor School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, AD/HD, Aspergers, international students, Others
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Calculus II, History, Honors core courses (English, Math, Science), Shakespeare Studies, Students can enroll in further advanced courses tailored to individual interests and skills
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Programs vary considerably. Please contact Admissions for tuition.
National avg.: 85%
- Dartmoor is an accredited, year-round private school offering one-to-one customized instruction in grades 1-12 at its four campus locations: Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, and Seattle. We believe that every student can learn, and that each student learns differently. Most of our students are:
- Gifted and talented students
- Students with ADHD, Autism, and learning disabilities
- Those with social, emotional and/or health challenges
- Athletes or performing artists seeking a customized schedule
- Those that want to stay at their home school but need help with one or more courses
- International students in transition to the U.S. school environment
- Other students who benefit from a 1:1 instructional model
Source: Verified school update
Our daughters were very fortunate to have attended the Dartmoor School. The 1:1 teaching environment enabled them to become academically successful while they were in high school and then graduate college in four years. One daughter is currently attending Law School and the other is applying to a graduate program.We are truly grateful to Jeff LaPoint for helping them both achieve their goals. He provided excellent and compassionate service. We would highly recommend the Dartmoor School!The Smith Family
Endorse Dartmoor School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.