Brightmont Academy - Sammamish
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #2 - Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #3 - Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #4 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #5 - Students say that Brightmont is a fun place to come to school and that learning is enjoyable. Students appreciate that with the one-to-one instruction, their own personal interests can be incorporated into their learning and it makes it more meaningful for them.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private school providing one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on a flexible schedule and start any time of year, including summer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring for grades 3-12, test preparation, and college and career assessment.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$900|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt & Politics, U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for full-time programs ranges from $21,000-33,500. Tuition for part-time programs is $15,900.|
|Admissions Director||Aileen Sabbatani|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. Through our full-time private school, individual courses for credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties and those seeking greater academic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-grade courses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, including math, science, English and social studies. We also offer test preparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college credit courses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement is registered trademark of the College Board.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mercer Island Grades: 7-12 | 135 students
Po Box 42
Mercer Island, WA 98040
(206)232-0059 10.2 7-12
- Bellevue Grades: 9-12 | 45 students
1717 Bellevue Way Ne
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)452-9920 10.2 9-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.