Brightmont Academy - Sammamish
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #2 - Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #3 - Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #4 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish Photo #5 - Students say that Brightmont is a fun place to come to school and that learning is enjoyable. Students appreciate that with the one-to-one instruction, their own personal interests can be incorporated into their learning and it makes it more meaningful for them.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private school providing one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on a flexible schedule and start any time of year, including summer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring for grades 3-12, test preparation, and college and career assessment.
Brightmont Academy - Sammamish places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$900|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt & Politics, U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for full-time programs ranges from $21,000-33,500. Tuition for part-time programs is $15,900.|
|Admissions Director||Aileen Sabbatani|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. Through our full-time private school, individual courses for credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties and those seeking greater academic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-grade courses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, including math, science, English and social studies. We also offer test preparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college credit courses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement is registered trademark of the College Board.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mercer Island Grades: 7-12 | 135 students
9311 SE 36th St
Mercer Island, WA 98040
(206)232-0059 10.2 7-12
- Bellevue Grades: 9-12 | 45 students
1717 Bellevue Way Ne
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)452-9920 10.2 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.