St Kieran Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of St. Kieran School, in partnership with parents, is to create an educational environment for the students, which promotes academic excellence and teaches Catholic doctrine, while emphasizing Gospel values.
- Christ is the reason for this school, the unseen but ever present teacher in its classes, the model of its faculty, the inspiration of its students.
- St. Kieran School's students will be empowered to succeed in the twenty-first century within an environment which provides opportunities for spiritual, academic, physical, moral and cultural growth.
- They will develop their full potential, assisted by teachers working in partnership with their parents, who are the primary educators of their children.
- The students will proclaim the gospel message, be a part of a caring, worshiping community, perform service and learn to worship God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El CajonGrades: PK-K | 34 students
1090 S Anza St
El Cajon, CA 92020
- LakesideGrades: PK-8 | 180 students
9825 Pino Dr
Lakeside, CA 92040
- San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 464 students
4605 Point Loma Avenue
San Diego, CA 92107
St. Kieran is a wonderful school for both academics and character development. The small class sizes make it easier for the kids to get the help they need from their teacher and the teachers are all very dedicated to their students'' success. I have three kids at the school right now and all of their teachers are receptive to their individual needs and check in with me regularly. The principal knows all of the students very well and is very good at working with the students and parents on any concerns they have. The tuition is very reasonable, especially considering the one-on-one attention your kids get. You can tell that the teachers and staff really love their kids and the school community!
- Posted by Parent - sarah
My daughter has been there since pre-school. To clarify, St. Kieran is K-8 , not k-9. My daughter is completing her 8th grade year. I have watched her grow into an awesome young lady. The education she has received, academically, socially and spiritually has been priceless.
- Posted by Parent - toycr
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.