St. Luke's Episcopal School
St. Luke's Episcopal School Photo #2 - For over 70 years, St. Luke's Episcopal School has offered and exemplary education to talented students from all across San Antonio.Challenged by high academic standards and nurtured by passionate teachers, our students are well equipped for future success.
For 70 years, St. Luke`s Episcopal School has offered an exemplary education to talented PK-8th grade students. Challenged by high academic standards and nurtured by passionate teachers, our students are poised for future success. Our holistic approach and joyful learning environment develop the mind, body and spirit of children. Extensive co-curricular programs equip students with the timeless skills, values and aptitudes they will need to navigate the challenges of the 21st Century. As a vibrant faith community, St. Luke`s forms confident and faithful scholars, citizens, and leaders.
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 217 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
- Founded in 1947 as an outreach of St. Luke`s Episcopal Church, St. Luke`s Episcopal School provides a superior coeducational environment for PK3-8th grade. Our unique blend of freedom and discipline creates an atmosphere conducive to learning and to the development of critical thinking skills. We promote the joy of learning by challenging students to do their individual best and by providing them with the support and resources to guide and encourage their discovery. St. Luke`s Episcopal School maintains a balance between effort and achievement, the acquisition of knowledge and academic grades, and the exercise of mental and physical faculties with the aim of producing responsible citizens who are conscious of their role in God`s world. With God's guidance, St. Luke's Episcopal School builds the foundation for academic excellence, lifelong learning and responsible citizenship through a classical education that develops mind, body and spirit.
My daughter has been attending St. Luke's for 6 years and it has been a wonderful school for our family. Each day begins with Chapel and the academics are challenging in a nurturing, supportive environment. She has had opportunities to participate in meaningful community service opportunities, she takes several wonderful dance classes on campus and the teachers are the best! I highly recommend St. Luke's!
This is our first year at the school and we have been blown away by how much effort the school puts in to welcoming new families. I have had many conversations with several parents who have had their kids there for years and their feedback is always positive. As far as our PreK experience I have observed that my child's teachers are very committed to provide the best educational experience for our kids. They take their jobs very seriously and foster the joy of reading in the children, which I really like. The parent community is very respectful, and everybody strives to be cordial to one another and there is an intentional effort to keep it this way. I am grateful that my daughter gets to go to school here every day, and my husband and I are grateful we found such an amazing community.
My daughter is in PreK-3 and she absolutely LOVES St. Luke`s Episcopal. She calls it "the happy school". She used to cry whenever I dropped her off at her old school but that has never happened since she started at St. Luke`s. I live in a very good school district but I will keep her here. I just know that they will love my daughter and teach her good values.
St. Luke's has been an excellent environment for my child. She has been a student there for more than 5 years and is thriving. The classroom size has allowed her to grow her knowledge and confidence. The school has allowed her many opportunities I don't think she would have experienced at a public school. She has participated in public speaking opportunities at least annually, sports teams at school, acolyting, televised school news among other things.
Endorse St. Luke's Episcopal School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards