St Marks Episcopal Day School
- St. Mark's Episcopal Day School is a parish day school that instills Christian values, builds a strong academic foundation, encourages personal achievement, stimulates creative expression, and fosters a heart of giving in a nurturing environment in children age one through grade six.
- St. Mark's Episcopal Day School is a parish school dedicated to excellence in education within a Christian environment.
- We strive to prepare students to reach their academic, social and spiritual potential while recognizing each student's individuality in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
- Our strong, developmentally appropriate curriculum is designed to provide a firm foundation, which meets the needs of an ever-changing society.
- St. Mark's emphasizes the development of higher level thinking and independent study skills and offers specialized resources in art, Christian education, computer, library, music, physical education, and wolrd languages (Mandarin Chinese and Spanish).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||462 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kelli Chunn|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Sports, Chess, Choir, Cooking, Crafts, Drama, Legos, Math Help|
- St. Mark`s Episcopal Day School, Jacksonville, FL, welcomes all students to apply for admission regardless of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, or ethnic origin.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
3718 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904)733-5797 6.3 NS-5
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-5 | 52 students
1216 Lasalle St
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-3830 3.6 PK-5
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 599 students
2431 Atlantic Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-1774 4.3 PK-8
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-8 | 229 students
4826 Baymeadows Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904)733-3400 7 NS-8
- Jacksonville Grades: 1-12 | 95 students
223 Mill Creek Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)724-8323 9 1-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.