St Martin of Tours Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 990-2441
St Martin of Tours Catholic School Photo #2 - Recently renovated state-of-the-art Science Lab, including a 3-D printer.
St Martin of Tours Catholic School Photo #3 - Learning is joyful and the educational value is unmatched.
- We are a Catholic school in Gaithersburg, Maryland, for students age four to grade 8.
- Our dedicated teachers create challenging classes for students and use technology to prepare them for the future.
- We promote positive character development embedded in Gospel values and Catholic tradition. In addition, we are committed to social justice, service to the community, respecting one another and caring for the world around us.
- We embrace diversity in our community and appreciate the uniqueness of each individual.
- Our school collaborates with each family to foster growth of the whole child and ensures a safe and secure learning environment.
- Come visit to see the difference our supportive school community can make in your child now and in the future. Call today to schedule a tour at 301-990-2444
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Call for information|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,075|
|Tuition Notes||$7,075 pp for Catholic Student Rate-Grades K-8, $8,525 pp for Standard Rate-Grades K-8. $8,675 for Pre-Kindergarten. Archdiocese of Washington financial aid application deadline for new students is early February.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Band, Amazing Afternoons, Drama, HSPT Prep, Knitting, Library, Math Enrichment, Robotics, Safety Patrols, Skillbuilders, Sports, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Christmas and Spring Music Programs
- Established in 1925, St. Martin's Catholic School is the oldest Catholic school in Montgomery County. In 1988, the new school and parish center building was opened, through the dedication and efforts of Rev. Americo DiNorcia, and the school expanded to include a licensed After-Care Program. Today, the school offers an excellent academic program under the direction of the Principal and an outstanding faculty and staff. Together with the Pastor, Reverend Richard Gancayco, and the assistant pastors, St. Martin's staff provides an excellent faith-centered education program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gaithersburg Grades: PK-K | 369 students
900 Wind River Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
(301) 208-8787 2 PK-K
- Clarksburg Grades: PK-K | 68 students
1896, Urbana Pike, Suite 23.
Clarksburg, MD 20871
(301) 874-1896 12.1 PK-K
St. Martin's is so much more than a school! It is a community and a family. We have been at SMS for 7 years and what brought us to the school was our faith, what sealed the deal on our decision to attend were the students! When we first arrived for the open house, the students gave us a tour of the school (which is still true today) and we were so impressed. They were articulate and mature and knowledgeable and we thought, "this is how we want our kids to be". Everyone at our school knows each other to some degree, the parent involvement is amazing, the older kids mentor the younger kids, and the teachers are very hands on. The teachers really know all the students, it's an amazing place and we are so lucky to attend such a special school!Furthermore, St. Martin's and the Archdiocese of Washington have very high academic standards and it show's year after year when our kids graduate and leave for high school more prepared than their peers and ready for AP classes. While the academics are tough, the teachers are ALWAYS there for the students. They get to know them well and they understand their different personalities, strengths and weaknesses and they are the first ones to rally behind them when they need help. They will not hesitate to reach out to parents when needed, so we have open communication and a good plan in place when a little extra help is in order. I have two very different learners and SMS has been a nurturing learning environment for both of them!If you want a good Catholic School that teaches about faith, community service, character building, has great academics, after school activities, dedicated teachers and so much more...than SMS is the place for you! AND, if you are not Catholic, but you still want ALL those things...SMS is STILL the place for you! This school is a small little gem that should not be overlooked! It is "top notch" in so many way and in this sometimes crazy world, you will not find a better home for your children and your family than St. Martin's School!
- Posted by Parent - nicol
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?