St Mary Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (734) 878-5616
St Mary Catholic School Photo #5 - Fourth Grade making rosaries for missions and our service men and women.
St Mary Catholic School Photo #7 - Third grade learn about communities in our area and how they began.
St Mary Catholic School Photo #9 - 8th graders lead Random Fitness Day during Catholic Schools Week.
- It is the mission Saint Mary Catholic School to be a partner with parents in the spiritual and academic education of their children. This Catholic Education is rooted in the Gospel teaching of Jesus Christ and modeled by Mary, our Mother of the Eucharist.
- This takes place in a positive atmosphere where students are encouraged to reach their full potential, both in living out their Catholic faith and pursing academic excellence.
St Mary Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear uniforms: Khaki or navy pants, plaid skirts/jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Tuition Notes||Parents can make payments June through May to Smart Tuition. The cost for one student is $27.45 a day or $3.66 per hour of instructional time from highly educated teachers.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Veronica Kinsey|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- It is the mission Saint Mary Catholic School to be a partner with parents in the spiritual and academic education of their children. This Catholic Education is rooted in the Gospel teaching of Jesus Christ and modeled by Mary, our Mother of the Eucharist. This takes place in a positive atmosphere where students are encouraged to reach their full potential, both in living out their Catholic faith and pursing academic excellence.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dexter Grades: PK-K | 18 students
9477 N Territorial Rd Ste 110
Dexter, MI 48130
(734) 424-0113 2.6 PK-K
- Pinckney Grades: NS-6 | 119 students
1740 E M-36
Pinckney, MI 48169
(734) 878-3301 2.7 NS-6
- Dexter Grades: NS-PK
7220 Dexter Ann Arbor Rd
Dexter, MI 48130
(833) 905-3276 7.2 NS-PK
- Ann Arbor Grades: NS-6 | 175 students
1095 N. Zeeb Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 662-3335 9.7 NS-6
In my nearly 20-year career which has taken me all over the world, I have been faced with many situations which the knowledge that schools provide could have never prepared me. At St. Mary`s, the teachers and staff went beyond pure knowledge. Though their example, atmosphere and environment, they encouraged a healthy and wholesome belief structure and morale foundation to develop. This foundation has been critical in making decisions and solving problems in a constantly changing, and many times confusing world. Though it has been decades since I went to St. Mary`s school, the memories and learnings stick with me and influence important events in my life all the time.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Chris Ancona
I just wanted to share my St. Mary experience! St. Mary Catholic School shaped me in outstandingly positive ways. It provided me with a strong base in academics that has allowed me to flourish. With the foundation set at St. Mary, I graduated as valedictorian of Pinckney High School in 2010. I pursued my Bachelors of Science in Nursing at the University of Detroit Mercy through a joint program with Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI. In 2013, I was honored to be a part of the University of Michigan Nurse Externship Program. I graduated in 2014 with top honors and a BSN. Since obtaining my BSN, I worked a year in Spectrum Health's Butterworth Emergency Department as a Registered Nurse. I recently started a Registered Nurse position at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital.However, St. Mary left me with much more than a strong academic foundation. In fact, I met my closest friends in elementary and middle school here. Patti Glaser, Katie Hinkle, Zach Jones, and Josh Weiland all came into my life from St. Mary. We have stayed close friends throughout high school, college, and beyond. Looking back, I am truly blessed to have such strong friendships! Additionally, the St. Mary class of 2006 decided to get together for a mini reunion. It was amazing how quickly we became comfortable around one another. Simply finding time to come back together proves how close-knit the St. Mary community is for us.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Michelle Moenart
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.