St Michael Special School
- St. Michael Special School is designed to help students with major learning difficulties which hinder their ability to achieve success in a regular class setting.
- We offer a wide range of programs and services to meet the individual needs of our students.
- The primary purpose of Catholic education is to transmit the authentic Christian faith and moral values in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To that end, we have adopted the following goals to develop in the student, a personal relationship with God through the teaching of religion and through prayer and worship.
- Our mission is to provide opportunities for students to develop their Catholic faith and to receive a high quality education which includes religious, academic, social, vocational and physical training.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GretnaGrades: PK-8 | 351 students
2106 Deerfield Rd
Gretna, LA 70056
- GretnaGrades: PK-8 | 155 students
1517 Carol Sue Ave
Gretna, LA 70056
- New OrleansGrades: NS-12 | 757 students
10125 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70123
- MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 278 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
- MarreroGrades: PK-12 | 159 students
812 Avenue F
Marrero, LA 70072
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.