St. Michael Special School
Tel: (504) 524-7285
- St. Michael Special School is designed to help students with major learning difficulties which hinder their ability to achieve success in a regular class setting.
- We offer a wide range of programs and services to meet the individual needs of our students.
- The primary purpose of Catholic education is to transmit the authentic Christian faith and moral values in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To that end, we have adopted the following goals to develop in the student, a personal relationship with God through the teaching of religion and through prayer and worship.
- Our mission is to provide opportunities for students to develop their Catholic faith and to receive a high quality education which includes religious, academic, social, vocational and physical training.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gretna Grades: PK-8 | 452 students
3101 Wall Blvd
Gretna, LA 70056
(504) 392-0902 4.9 PK-8
- Gretna Grades: PK-7 | 279 students
2106 Deerfield Rd
Gretna, LA 70056
(504) 367-3601 3.2 PK-7
- Marrero Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
812 Avenue F
Marrero, LA 70072
(504) 328-2273 3.1 PK-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.