St Philip The Apostle School
Tel: (301) 423-4740
- Our mission at St. Philip the Apostle Catholic School is to promote the development of the whole child in a Catholic community.
- Using a variety of approaches, we provide tools for spiritual growth and intellectual advancement.
- Students are encouraged to share their talents and blessings with everyone they encounter.
- This mission is enhanced by parental support of our school and students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jeanette Trujillo|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- St. Philip the Apostle Catholic School opened on September 19, 1960, with approximately 90 students in grades 1 and 2. Classes were held in LaReine High School. In September 1962, the present building was occupied and the school expanded through grade 6. By September 1964, the building was completed and grades 7 and 8 were opened.
- Kindergarten opened in September 1986. As enrollment grew, a new wing was completed in 1996 for grades 6, 7, and 8. The pre-kindergarten four-year-old program began in September of 1997. The pre-kindergarten three-year-old program opened in September of 2007.
- In 2010-2011 St. Philip School celebrated 50 golden years of teaching hearts and minds. We work with parents to promote the development of the whole child in a faith-filled community. We offer a well-rounded program that provides opportunities for spiritual growth and academic success for all and encourages students to share their talents and gifts with those in need.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clinton Grades: PK-8 | 235 students
8912 Old Branch Ave
Clinton, MD 20735
(301) 868-2010 3.8 PK-8
- Clinton Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
13407 Piscataway Rd
Clinton, MD 20735
(301) 292-2522 8.5 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?