St Thomas Aquinas School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The mission of St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School is to provide a child-centered environment in which the personal, spiritual, academic, and emotional needs of each child are met.
- In order to accomplish this task, we use a variety of teaching styles, technology, and active learning with developmentally appropriate activities.
- As an integral part of the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, the school provides quality Catholic education characterized by worship through celebration of school liturgies and prayer, service to the community and faith development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rate is based on being an active parishioner at a local Roman Catholic Church. Please contact us for additional information. We also offer multi-child discount.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nick Pavingsgouzas|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chi Alpha Mu, Rosary Club|
- The mission of St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School is to provide a child-centered environment in which the personal, spiritual, academic, and emotional needs of each child are met. In order to accomplish this task, we use a variety of teaching styles, technology, and active learning with developmentally appropriate activities. As an integral part of the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, the school provides quality Catholic education characterized by worship through celebration of school liturgies and prayer, service to the community and faith development.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-8 | 471 students
869 Maitland Ave
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407)830-6245 27.6 PK-8
My oldest son graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas this year (2012) and I have three younger children who also attend. We have been extremely pleased with this school. We feel that he is very well prepared for high school (he will be attending Bishop Moore in the upcoming school year). There was a strong focus on the Catholic faith which was incorporated into all aspects of the school, in activities, the look of the campus, etc. There was also a strong emphasis placed on academics with an expectation for the children to excel and plenty of opportunities for assistance if they were having difficulty. The staff are wonderful, many of them having been there for many years. They value each student and treat each student with respect. My son is shy and an introvert, but he beamed with pride during their compliments and acknowledgement of his efforts. I would recommend this school to anyone and indeed have recommended it. It has been a blessing for my children and it's a joy for us to continue to send our children there.
- Posted by Parent - ac346
I am very proud of St. Thomas Aquinas, because my son was a victim of bullying in Public school. Was very shy and kept to himself. At St Thomas he was treated with respect, was given love by everyone. My son just graduated from St. Thomas 2015,, and is now very confident, received math honors, became very athletic. I owe the complete outlook my son has to this school. The most beautiful part is that not only he received a good,strong education, but a wonderful spiritual teaching. My son now knows that without God, we can't do anything. The teachers never gave up on him being that he was ADHD/BIPOLAR, like they did at the public elementary school. If I had to do it again I would. St. Thomas teachers, principal, volunteers, cook and any other employee are number one and are loving, caring and compassionate.
- Posted by Parent - ruizm
We have had three children attend STA over the last 20 years and have been very satisfied with the school.
- Posted by Parent - langl
My family has been involved with Saint Thomas Aquinas Catholic School for ten years now. One of my daughters is a junior in high school and another is graduating this year. (We also have another daughter entering the STA middle school program next year.) Both of my older children were well prepared for high school. My oldest daughter is excelling in her honors and AP classes and my middle daughter will be entering the same program this upcoming school year. We have been pleased with the challenging curriculum and the dedicated teachers and administration. The school offers art, library, PE, drama, band, choir, computer, Spanish, sports, and has an audio/visual studio that is run by the students in addition to the regular academic program. STA has also helped my children grow spiritually, physically, and academically. We love how the children are taught to have the Christ within themselves reach out and touch the Christ within others. We will always be grateful to Saint Thomas Aquinas Catholic School.
- Posted by Parent - daven
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.