Summit View School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Summit View School offers comprehensive elementary, middle and secondary school programs for students with learning differences.
- An innovative and integrated curriculum, coupled with small class size and high teacher to student ratio, enables students to experience academic success.
- Based on each student's learning profile, an individual instructional plan is designed to maximize his/her learning.
- This instructional plan incorporates best practices, which are based on current research, and is re-assessed on an ongoing basis.
- Learning comes alive through classroom and small group participatory, interactive, hands-on, multisensory instruction in a stimulating and motivating environment.
- At Summit View, students are given the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential, prepare for post-secondary education, and experience success in the workplace.
- The Elementary School concentrates on the acquisition of knowledge in the language arts, reading, mathematics, perceptual, and motor domains.
- As the students progress, they begin to apply their basic skills in a variety of learning contexts and continue to develop the fundamental academic building blocks.
- In the Middle School, students build on their repertoire of basic skills.
- The strengthening of students' organization, time management, critical thinking skills and work habits are integral components of the program.
- In the High School, the curriculum focuses on the student's integration, synthesis and application of their individual learning styles and the knowledge they have acquired.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Hollywood Grades: 7-12 | 69 students
10526 Dubnoff Way
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)755-4950 3.1 7-12
- North Hollywood Grades: PK-5 | 48 students
10816 Calvert Street
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)985-2996 2.8 PK-5
the school is a fit for many. The teacher's are dedicated and the services are amazing! It's a family. GO Eagles.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - former student
This school has been the best for my son. His self esteem rose after the first week! The teachers are well aware of how to help these kids succeed with new technology and different teaching techniques. The art classes are terrific. The yearly musical is amazing and there is a verity of after school sports.
- Posted by Parent - Cmoli
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.