Taney Avenue KinderCare
A print-enriched Circle Time area in the Discovery Preschool classroom helps children get a head-start on learning.
The children in the Preschool classroom stay busy with a variety of activities from our curriculum to develop skills in areas such as reading, math, and science.
In the Pre-Kindergarten classroom they focus on hands-on experiences that encourage independent, creative learning.
Our new playgrounds are perfect for a large variety of outdoor activities from our new Take It Outside curriculum.
- Here at Taney Avenue KinderCare we pride ourselves on being known for our small homey feel.
- Our staff truly strives to build meaningful relationships with the children and families! We are extremely happy to say that more than 50 percent of our staff has been with KinderCare for five or more years.
- It is also important for our families to know that every teacher in our building is early childhood certified to teach in their assigned classrooms.
- When hiring new staff we try our best to hire teachers that seem to have a true love for teaching and a desire to work for KinderCare.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery School-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- We would like to welcome you to the Taney Avenue KinderCare. We are each committed to providing all of our families with the best experience in early childhood education. At this location, we have been serving families under the KinderCare Learning Center name since 1979. We are NAEYC accredited and pride ourselves in following the criteria guidelines set forth by both NAEYC and KinderCare Learning Centers. We believe in fostering the "Whole Child" by providing enrichment and activities that ensure each child excels socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. Our family oriented center provides a warm, nurturing atmosphere for the children. We also make safety of our entire "KinderCare Family" here a priority. We have a Health and Safety Coordinator with over five years of experience in the position. She ensures all safety guidelines are followed daily. Our staff has an impressive total of 70 years of experience working for KinderCare Learning Centers. We feel confident that our many years of experience, as well as our deep commitment and dedication, will provide your family with ease and assurance in your decision making process when choosing a Learning Center. We look forward to serving your family in the future.
- We have a health and safety coordinator, Megan Bradshaw, who is designated to take care of the monthly health and safety calendar as well as ensure staff are following all health and safety procedures. Along with having a health and safety coordinator our center itself has built in safety devices to ensure that all children are safe and secure in our building. All families must enter a code into our exterior keypad in order to gain entrance into the school. We ask that families do not share the code with others. If another adult is coming to pick up your child we ask that you have them ring our door bell so that we can properly check their identification before releasing him/her to that person's care.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Hindi
- Purchase of Care and NACCRRA (Voucher Programs); Apply for the assistance through State Social Services Dept.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frederick Grades: PK-2 | 75 students
185 Thomas Johnson Dr
Frederick, MD 21702 0.3 PK-2
- Frederick Grades: PK-K | 190 students
1415 W 7th Street
Frederick, MD 21702
(301)695-5855 0.6 PK-K
- Frederick Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
1730 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701
(301)695-9320 0.7 PK-8
- Frederick Grades: PK-K | 135 students
201 Fairview Ave
Frederick, MD 21701
(301)662-4730 1.2 PK-K
- Frederick Grades: PK-K | 104 students
131 W 2nd St
Frederick, MD 21701
(301)662-6783 1.3 PK-K
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.