The Art of Words Community School
Traditional education focuses on creating workers for a world economy students are not typically part of.
The students at The Art of Words Community School (TAWCS) will create the world economy. Our goals are to focus on the overall child-- their social, emotional and physical development, as well as their intellectual growth as well as create an environment for our K-12th graders to love coming to school and learning new things.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- Our school provides an educational program and environment that is sorely missing other school programs. Our school presents a quality program that not only will meet the needs of our local and global communities, our curriculum includes subject areas often neglected in traditional pedagogy (i.e., world history, philosophy, creative writing, art, music, community-based learning). Additionally, our school will have the International Baccalaureate (IB) program for our middle and high school aged children starting in the fall of 2020.
- TAWCS provides the following for your students:
- (1) Smaller class sizes. Our classroom will have no more than 12 students in each grade.
- (2) A diverse curriculum. We are a community based school and all students starting in 6th grade will work with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and learn about these organizations and their impact on their community.
- (3) Art integration. One of our priorities is to integrate the humanities into our curriculum content. Through art and literature, our students will learn about the history of the world.
- (4) Hands on learning. We believe that our students "learn by doing", so all students will create, develop and execute projects of their own as it relates to the content presented in class.
Source: Verified school update
My son LOVES this place! He never complains about going to school and has blossomed as a child and student. I didn't know a place like this existed.
At a time when there is so much uncertainty, it is nice to have a safe & nurturing environment for my child. TAWCS is a space where children are encouraged to learn and grow, teaching the whole child and catering to their learning needs. My daughter & I look forward to school every morning, I am so happy that schools like this exist.
My son is thriving as a student at TAWCS. He is blossoming academically and never complains about going to school. The curriculum emphasizes learning through creativity, and the administration fosters a genuine sense of community. It`s a special place.
This school ticks all the boxes for my daughter. It is an art based curriculum that is diverse and critical.
Endorse The Art of Words Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.