The Art of Words Community School
Traditional education focuses on creating workers for a world economy students are not typically part of.
The students at The Art of Words Community School (TAWCS) will create the world economy. Our goals are to focus on the overall child-- their social, emotional and physical development, as well as their intellectual growth as well as create an environment for our K-12th graders to love coming to school and learning new things.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- Our school provides an educational program and environment that is sorely missing other school programs. Our school presents a quality program that not only will meet the needs of our local and global communities, our curriculum includes subject areas often neglected in traditional pedagogy (i.e., world history, philosophy, creative writing, art, music, community-based learning). Additionally, our school will have the International Baccalaureate (IB) program for our middle and high school aged children starting in the fall of 2020.
- TAWCS provides the following for your students:
- (1) Smaller class sizes. Our classroom will have no more than 12 students in each grade.
- (2) A diverse curriculum. We are a community based school and all students starting in 6th grade will work with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and learn about these organizations and their impact on their community.
- (3) Art integration. One of our priorities is to integrate the humanities into our curriculum content. Through art and literature, our students will learn about the history of the world.
- (4) Hands on learning. We believe that our students "learn by doing", so all students will create, develop and execute projects of their own as it relates to the content presented in class.
Profile last updated:
This school ticks all the boxes for my daughter. It is an art based curriculum that is diverse and critical.
Endorse The Art of Words Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.