Traditional education focuses on creating workers for a world economy students are not typically part of.
The students at The Art of Words Community School (TAWCS) create the world economy. Our goals are to focus on the overall child-- their social, emotional and physical development, as well as their intellectual growth as well as create an environment for our K-5th graders to love coming to school and learning new things.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Lisa Scott, Ph.D.
- Our school provides an educational program and environment that is sorely missing other school programs. Our school presents a quality program that not only will meet the needs of our local and global communities, our curriculum includes subject areas often neglected in traditional pedagogy (i.e., world history, philosophy, creative writing, art, music, community-based learning).
- TAWCS provides the following for your students:
- (1) Smaller class sizes. Our classroom will have no more than 12 students in each grade.
- (2) A diverse curriculum. We are a community based school and all students starting in 6th grade will work with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and learn about these organizations and their impact on their community.
- (3) Art integration. One of our priorities is to integrate the humanities into our curriculum content. Through art and literature, our students will learn about the history of the world.
- (4) Hands on learning. We believe that our students "learn by doing", so all students will create, develop and execute projects of their own as it relates to the content presented in class.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Art of Words Community School cost?
The Art of Words Community School's tuition is approximately $24,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Art of Words Community School?
The acceptance rate of The Art of Words Community School is 80%, which is higher than the national average of 79%.
What sports does The Art of Words Community School offer?
The Art of Words Community School offers 2 interscholastic sports: Soccer and Softball.
What is The Art of Words Community School's ranking?
The Art of Words Community School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for: Highest average ACT score.
When is the application deadline for The Art of Words Community School?
The application deadline for The Art of Words Community School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
My son LOVES this place! He never complains about going to school and has blossomed as a child and student. I didn't know a place like this existed.
At a time when there is so much uncertainty, it is nice to have a safe & nurturing environment for my child. TAWCS is a space where children are encouraged to learn and grow, teaching the whole child and catering to their learning needs. My daughter & I look forward to school every morning, I am so happy that schools like this exist.
My son is thriving as a student at TAWCS. He is blossoming academically and never complains about going to school. The curriculum emphasizes learning through creativity, and the administration fosters a genuine sense of community. It`s a special place.
This school ticks all the boxes for my daughter. It is an art based curriculum that is diverse and critical.
Endorse The Art of Words Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.