St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy
5.00 (1 review)
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy Photo #3 - Our new logo shows our continued dedication to St. Francis of Assisi, patron of our academy.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy Photo #4 - Our Catholic students are prepared for sacraments and celebrate with their families in the beautiful Church of St. francis of Assisi/St. Blaise.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy Photo #5 - Our annual Alumni Liturgy and refreshments occurs in April. Here the members of the Belizaire family share the happiness of remembering their days at SFA.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy Photo #6 - Greg Cantave joined with the other alumni. Here he takes a photo with S. Theresa who was his principal in the 90's!!!
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy Photo #7 - Senator Eric Adams visited the library on Dr. Seuss' birthday!! Our first graders were fortunate to have Senator Adams read to them. His aide took many photos.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy Photo #8 - Our annual science fair gives students the opportunity to show how well they can analyze and present their experiments to a group of judges.
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Academy, an elementary school located in the Prospect Heights/Lefferts Garden area of Brooklyn, provides quality education rooted in the values of Jesus Christ. This learning community is dedicated to empowering students to work with others to create a just and peaceful society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,250|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available through Futures in Education and the Bishop's Scholarship program|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Danielle Gonzalez|
|Admissions Associate||S.Barbara Yander|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advisory Groups, Chess Club, Choir, Dance Club, Ecology Club, IPAD Club, Karate, KofC Basketball, Science Club, Scrabble, Sewing
Arts and Music Programs:
Performinf ARts Residency Program, Recorders (Grades 3-5)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Fee UPK Center (Pre-K program)
- Performinf ARts Residency Program offered to Grades 4, 6, and 8
- Special Classes for all grade levels: Computers, Music, Art, Physical Education
- Various afterschool clubs offered throughout the year (Examples include Karate, Dance, Crafts, Gardening, and iPad enrichment games)
- OPT bus service available
- Breakfast available at 7:30am
- Afterschool Program until 6:00pm
- Speech therapy for those with IESP both during and after dismissal
- Resource Room for those with IESP both during and after dismissal
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-12 | 235 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
(718)238-3308 5.1 NS-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 272 students
1100 E 42nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718)377-5682 2.4 PK-12
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Academy is a great school. They teach to your mind and your heart and the same time. As a student in the sixth grade, I am apart of the choir. Recently, we sang at a Nursing Home in Coney Island. It's a great school, if your looking for a school where you would like your child to learn about Jesus and the other main subjects, come on down. Sr. Theresa would give you and your child a personal tour.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jrodd
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.