St. Francis Of Assisi Catholic Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Our Catholic students are prepared for sacraments and celebrate with their families in the beautiful Church of St. francis of Assisi/St. Blaise.
Our annual Alumni Liturgy and refreshments occurs in April. Here the members of the Belizaire family share the happiness of remembering their days at SFA.
Greg Cantave joined with the other alumni. Here he takes a photo with S. Theresa who was his principal in the 90's!!!
Senator Eric Adams visited the library on Dr. Seuss' birthday!! Our first graders were fortunate to have Senator Adams read to them. His aide took many photos.
Our annual science fair gives students the opportunity to show how well they can analyze and present their experiments to a group of judges.
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Academy, an elementary school located in the Prospect Heights/Lefferts Garden area of Brooklyn, provides quality education rooted in the values of Jesus Christ.
- This learning community is dedicated to empowering students to work with others to create a just and peaceful society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available through Futures in Education and the Bishop's Scholarship program|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Danielle Gonzalez|
|Admissions Associate||S.Barbara Yander|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advisory Groups, Chess Club, Choir, Dance Club, Ecology Club, IPAD Club, Jump rope, Karate, KofC Basketball, Performinf ARts Residency Program, Recorders (Grades 3-5), Science Club, Scrabble, Sewing Chess Club, Choir, Dance Club, Ecology Club, IPAD Club, Jump rope, Karate, Science Club, Scrabble, Sewing, Advisory Groups,|
Performinf ARts Residency Program,
Recorders (Grades 3-5),
- Fee UPK Center (Pre-K program)
- Performinf ARts Residency Program offered to Grades 4, 6, and 8
- Special Classes for all grade levels: Computers, Music, Art, Physical Education
- Various afterschool clubs offered throughout the year (Examples include Karate, Dance, Crafts, Gardening, and iPad enrichment games)
- OPT bus service available
- Breakfast available at 7:30am
- Afterschool Program until 6:00pm
- Speech therapy for those with IESP both during and after dismissal
- Resource Room for those with IESP both during and after dismissal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 272 students
1100 E 42nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11210
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 127 students
312 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11218
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 1090 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 235 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
- BrooklynGrades: NS-PK | 20 students
4423 Avenue D
Brooklyn, NY 11203
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Academy is a great school. They teach to your mind and your heart and the same time. As a student in the sixth grade, I am apart of the choir. Recently, we sang at a Nursing Home in Coney Island. It's a great school, if your looking for a school where you would like your child to learn about Jesus and the other main subjects, come on down. Sr. Theresa would give you and your child a personal tour.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jrodd
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.