The Blue Hill Montessori School
Tel: (781) 828-5230
The Blue Hill Montessori School, Inc. follows the educational philosophy and teaching methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.
We believe that that every child is born with unique creative potential.
Our mission is to assist children in their individual educational and developmental growth between the ages of 15 months through six years old. We provide specially prepared learning environments for children that correspond to their abilities, interests, and individual learning styles.
These environments provide a safe, peaceful, and nurturing experience where each child is encouraged to develop independence, respect, initiative, consideration, self-discipline, and a lifelong love of learning.
The Blue Hill Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,580|
|Tuition Notes||School is opened 7:30am-6pm; Flexible Before & After School Enrichment Programs offered at add'tl cost, Toddler Program anticipated Sept 2011|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Ruxton|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Gymnastics, Music, Spanish, Yoga|
- Our purpose is to provide a child-centered, loving, and enriching Montessori environment. In this environment, children develop a life-long love of learning and gain independence, self-discipline and the necessary skills to move into the next phase of learning with confidence and enthusiasm. With a seasoned staff of experienced and educated professionals, children learn at their own developmental level with nurturing guidance and love.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Grades: NS-8 | 13 students
1 Whitman Road, Canton
Canton, MA 02021
(281) 821-3499 1.2 NS-8
- Dorchester Grades: 4-8 | 69 students
515 Blue Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02121
(617) 427-1177 8.8 4-8
- Milton Grades: PK-K | 72 students
180 Blue Hill Ave
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 696-4222 5.5 PK-K
- West Bridgewater Grades: PK-12 | 175 students
560 N Main St
West Bridgewater, MA 02379
(508) 584-5188 11.6 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.