The Broadoaks School
- Serving children and their families since 1906 with programs of the highest quality, Broadoaks is a private, non-profit demonstration school serving approximately 400 children in preschool through 8th grade and their families during the school year and summer programs each year.
- The school emphasizes developmentally-based early childhood, elementary and middle school education as the foundation for later school success, social responsibility, and lifelong learning.
The Broadoaks School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Available at www.broadoaksschool.org|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Available at www.broadoaksschool.org|
- The Broadoaks School is an academic program at Whittier College. The school's mission is to provide a model of excellence in the care and education of children between 2 and 14 years of age and to create a dynamic center for the study of children, their education, their social worlds, and their overall well-being.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 347.2 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-11 | 161 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)771-9135 8.2 PK-11
- Big Bear City Grades: K-12 | 262 students
351 Maple Ln
Big Bear City, CA 92314
(909)585-7188 72 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.