The Broadoaks School
- Serving children and their families since 1906 with programs of the highest quality, Broadoaks is a private, non-profit demonstration school serving approximately 400 children in preschool through 8th grade and their families during the school year and summer programs each year.
- The school emphasizes developmentally-based early childhood, elementary and middle school education as the foundation for later school success, social responsibility, and lifelong learning.
The Broadoaks School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Available at www.broadoaksschool.org|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Available at www.broadoaksschool.org|
- The Broadoaks School is an academic program at Whittier College. The school's mission is to provide a model of excellence in the care and education of children between 2 and 14 years of age and to create a dynamic center for the study of children, their education, their social worlds, and their overall well-being.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 347.2 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-11 | 161 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)771-9135 8.2 PK-11
- Big Bear City Grades: K-12 | 262 students
351 Maple Ln
Big Bear City, CA 92314
(909)585-7188 72 K-12
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.