The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh
Tel: (412) 420-2487
- We strive to meet the needs of the students and families we serve by constantly improving our curriculum.
- Our Children's Institute of Pittsburgh is dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, young people and their families by providing a specialized continuum of services that enables them to reach their potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- We strive to meet the needs of the students and families we serve by constantly improving our curriculum. Our Children's Institute of Pittsburgh is dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, young people and their families by providing a specialized continuum of services that enables them to reach their potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Homestead Grades: 8-12 | 28 students
120 E 9th Ave
Homestead, PA 15120
(412) 326-0023 2.7 8-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 3-12 | 84 students
4900 Girard Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15227
(412) 881-2268 6.3 3-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 2-12 | 71 students
5180 Campbells Run Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
(412) 788-8219 12.3 2-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: NS-8 | 296 students
5705 Darlington Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 521-1907 0.6 NS-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: 9-12 | 102 students
5250 Caste Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
(412) 885-7017 7 9-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?