The College School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The College School engages children, ages 3 to 14, in experiential curriculum that is both rigorous and reflective.
- Learning through experience is how students master academic and personal skills. Student/teacher ratio is 10:1.
- Specialist teachers in Drama, Art, Music, Spanish, PE and Greenhouse Science. The Early Childhood Program incorporates the Reggio philosophy, drawn from the internationally renowned schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 29 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,170|
|Tuition Notes||$20170 – Kindergarten – Eighth Grade$15,300 – Full Day Preschool – 5 Days$10,00 – Full Day Preschool – 3 Days (Limited spaces in four/five, priority to current families)$8,900 – Half-Day Preschool – 3 Days (T-W-Th only in the three/four class|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jill Pampel|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ABRA-KID-ABRA, Archery Club, Chess Club, Critical Thinking Class, Mad Science, Robotics Club, Sewing Club, Singing Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Climbing Club, Dance, Flag Football, Girls on the Run, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee
- From coding robots and analyzing ecosystems to conducting experiments in the woods and becoming investigative journalists in local neighborhoods, students do more than learn in a traditional classroom setting. They become collaborators, risk-takers, and problem-solvers who believe they can change the world.
- The College School is committed to fostering each student`s individuality and voice. Through a caring and inclusive environment, students feel comfortable sharing their perspective, while also seeking to understand and value the perspectives of others in the community. From their Reggio Emilia-inspired Early Childhood Program, where students learn to advocate on behalf of themselves, to their Diversity Council and Student Service Leadership Program in Middle School, students learn and grow into active and aware global citizens.
- Parents are partners in the TCS journey and share that they love seeing their children discover how powerful their minds, ideas, and words can be. And with three buses, two vans, and odometers clicking more than 10,000 miles a year, TCS goes where the action is. They believe learning happens everywhere.
- Schedule a personal tour today to see our students in actions, meet our teachers, and learn about our newest programs and facilities, including our state-of-the-art Jan Phillips Learning Center on our second campus.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed The College School also viewed these schools: Forsyth School, John Burroughs School, MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School), Rohan Woods School and Visitation Academy Of St Louis.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 372 students
6235 Wydown Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)726-4542 3.7 PK-6
- Saint Louis Grades: 7-12 | 650 students
755 S Price Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314)993-4040 3.7 7-12
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 1245 students
101 N Warson Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314)995-7367 5.5 PK-12
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 527 students
3020 North Ballas Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314)625-9103 6.6 PK-12
The College School is amazing. I love dropping my child off and seeing all of the smiling kids who are excited for school. I highly recommend checking out this school.
- Posted by Parent - David
Sending my children to The College School has been one of the most important decisions we ever made. I have two very different kids with different personalities and learning styles. TCS has helped them become problem solvers, critical thinkers and each have confidence and a true love of learning. The teachers are kind and deeply engaged and challenge them to always do their very best work and thinking. The outdoor experiences and challenges they have had have really rounded out the very solid academic program. I see both of my children being very prepared for high school and what is beyond.
- Posted by Parent - Kathleen
This is a wonderful school and very unique in its approach to learning. It is very "hands on". The children learn to love the outdoors and know how to be good citizens. They even have a 28 acre property about 45 minutes from school that can be used for a multitude of purposes.
- Posted by Parent - brett
As a former student of five years, I would definitely recommend The College School. The teachers were always kind, and it was like they really wanted to get to know me as a person, not a student. They were very understanding, and the classes were usually hands-on activities, not just sitting in a classroom listening to a teacher give lectures. The classrooms were always neat and well-supplied, as well as being big enough. Specialists were always my favorite classes, especially drama and PE. But there was music, and art also. In drama, come springtime, you would learn 'Circus Skills'. That consisted of Poi, balancing feathers, then clubs on your hands and chin, juggling, balancing on a ball, tightrope, and a bunch of other things, all in a safe environment. There is a gym, and an outside field area for PE, as well as a blacktop, and every year, starting in 1st grade, classes would take overnights, in various places, depending on what they were studying. For example, the 5th grade goes caving for multiple nights, as well as going on many field trips to catch, tag, and study monarch butterflies. They let them go, of course. In conclusion, I would recommend TCS to any fun loving, hands-on kid who loves to learn by doing!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - grmar
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.