The Compass School
5.00 (1 review)
- Hailed as an exemplary model of early childhood education(Newsweek, 1991), the Reggio EMilia approach to education is committed to the creation of conditions for learning that will enhance and facilitate children's construction of "his or her own powers of thinking through the synthesis of all the expressive, communicative and cognitive languages" (Edwards and Forman, 1993).
- The Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education is a city-run and sponsored system designed for all children from birth through six years of age.
- The Reggio Emilia approach can be viewed as a resource and inspiration to help educators, parents, and children as they work together to further develop their own educational programs.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Carr|
- Thank you for your interest in the COmpass School and the dynamic programs we offer children. We believe that our child-centered philosophy, outstanding teachers, and unparalleled level of communication will provide you and your child with the best possible early education experience. Please visit our website for an overview of our innovative, project-based curriculum as well as our welcoming, state-of-the-art learning environment.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mason Grades: PK-12 | 208 students
4900 Old Irwin Simpson Road
Mason, OH 45040
(513)754-1234 0.7 PK-12
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-K | 94 students
9175 Governors Way
Cincinnati, OH 45249
(513)697-6970 0.8 PK-K
- Loveland Grades: K-8
9495 Columbia Rd
Loveland, OH 45140
(513)697-3100 1.1 K-8
- Cincinnati Grades: NS-PK
11737 Seven Gables Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45249
(513)774-0111 1.5 NS-PK
Being a parent at The Compass School is being a part of a community and family. My child has been with the Compass School since he was 6 weeks old and is still attending for summer camp at 10 years old. Our being involved with The Reggio Philosophy has given my son the love of learning and the knowledge to reach out and find answers to questions on his own. He has made life long friends and has a positive and confident attitude that I attribute greatly to The Compass School and The Reggio Philosophy. They also have Drama, Art, Music and Spanish teachers! Teachers and Administration are highly respected and well educated and it shows in the respect and education they give towards students and the creativity and thoughtfulness of the environment. I recommend The Compass School to anyone who has children 6 weeks to 12 years old. They even have a private kindergarten and offer before and after school programs for school aged children. They are open 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Posted by Parent - hbede
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.