Hailed as an exemplary model of early childhood education(Newsweek, 1991), the Reggio EMilia approach to education is committed to the creation of conditions for learning that will enhance and facilitate children's construction of "his or her own powers of thinking through the synthesis of all the expressive, communicative and cognitive languages" (Edwards and Forman, 1993).
The Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education is a city-run and sponsored system designed for all children from birth through six years of age.
The Reggio Emilia approach can be viewed as a resource and inspiration to help educators, parents, and children as they work together to further develop their own educational programs.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 133 students
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
- Thank you for your interest in the COmpass School and the dynamic programs we offer children. We believe that our child-centered philosophy, outstanding teachers, and unparalleled level of communication will provide you and your child with the best possible early education experience. Please visit our website for an overview of our innovative, project-based curriculum as well as our welcoming, state-of-the-art learning environment.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Compass School?
The acceptance rate of The Compass School is 100%, which is higher than the national average of 89%.
When is the application deadline for The Compass School?
The application deadline for The Compass School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Being a parent at The Compass School is being a part of a community and family. My child has been with the Compass School since he was 6 weeks old and is still attending for summer camp at 10 years old. Our being involved with The Reggio Philosophy has given my son the love of learning and the knowledge to reach out and find answers to questions on his own. He has made life long friends and has a positive and confident attitude that I attribute greatly to The Compass School and The Reggio Philosophy. They also have Drama, Art, Music and Spanish teachers! Teachers and Administration are highly respected and well educated and it shows in the respect and education they give towards students and the creativity and thoughtfulness of the environment. I recommend The Compass School to anyone who has children 6 weeks to 12 years old. They even have a private kindergarten and offer before and after school programs for school aged children. They are open 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
Endorse The Compass School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.