The Compass School
5.00 (1 review)
- Hailed as an exemplary model of early childhood education(Newsweek, 1991), the Reggio EMilia approach to education is committed to the creation of conditions for learning that will enhance and facilitate children's construction of "his or her own powers of thinking through the synthesis of all the expressive, communicative and cognitive languages" (Edwards and Forman, 1993).
- The Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education is a city-run and sponsored system designed for all children from birth through six years of age.
- The Reggio Emilia approach can be viewed as a resource and inspiration to help educators, parents, and children as they work together to further develop their own educational programs.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Carr|
- Thank you for your interest in the COmpass School and the dynamic programs we offer children. We believe that our child-centered philosophy, outstanding teachers, and unparalleled level of communication will provide you and your child with the best possible early education experience. Please visit our website for an overview of our innovative, project-based curriculum as well as our welcoming, state-of-the-art learning environment.
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to The Compass School is Liberty Bible Academy (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mason Grades: PK-12 | 316 students
4900 Old Irwin Simpson Road
Mason, OH 45040
(513)754-1234 0.7 PK-12
- Cincinnati Grades: NS | 94 students
9175 Governors Way
Cincinnati, OH 45249
(513)697-6970 0.8 NS
- Loveland Grades: K-8
9495 Columbia Rd
Loveland, OH 45140
(513)697-3100 1.1 K-8
- Cincinnati Grades: NS-PK
11737 Seven Gables Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249
(513)774-0111 1.5 NS-PK
Being a parent at The Compass School is being a part of a community and family. My child has been with the Compass School since he was 6 weeks old and is still attending for summer camp at 10 years old. Our being involved with The Reggio Philosophy has given my son the love of learning and the knowledge to reach out and find answers to questions on his own. He has made life long friends and has a positive and confident attitude that I attribute greatly to The Compass School and The Reggio Philosophy. They also have Drama, Art, Music and Spanish teachers! Teachers and Administration are highly respected and well educated and it shows in the respect and education they give towards students and the creativity and thoughtfulness of the environment. I recommend The Compass School to anyone who has children 6 weeks to 12 years old. They even have a private kindergarten and offer before and after school programs for school aged children. They are open 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Posted by Parent - hbede
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.