The Gifford School
5.00 (1 review)
- Gifford is an evolving school community committed to providing its students and faculty with an environment that encourages and nourishes individuality, diversity, and personal and professional growth.
- Gifford is a private, nonprofit coeducational day school providing a specialized educational and clinical program for students who face a variety of learning, behavioral and/or emotional challenges.
- Gifford serves over 100 students ranging from eight year olds to high school seniors.
- Students come from over 60 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts.
- Guided by a devoted staff of educators and clinicians, in partnership with the students' families, The Gifford School strives to help students achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
- Gifford is licensed as an approved program by the Massachusetts Department of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WalthamGrades: 1-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
- West NewtonGrades: 3-12 | 200 students
1507 Washington St
West Newton, MA 02465
- BeverlyGrades: 6-12 | 82 students
96 Cherry Hill Drive
Beverly, MA 01915
- HanoverGrades: UG | 118 students
405 Washington St
Hanover, MA 02339
- BraintreeGrades: 5-12 | 50 students
6 Columbian St
Braintree, MA 02184
I was at the Gifford shool from 1981 to 1982 and had a great experience there. I can't thank the staff enough for their dedication and proffessionalism and most of all their patience with me. I encourage anyone on the staff new or old to join the Gifford Alumni Facebook page and see some great memories from the past and some old friends. Once again thank you for everything and if I had to do it agian I would in a minute.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bills
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.