The Gifford School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (781) 899-9500
- Gifford is an evolving school community committed to providing its students and faculty with an environment that encourages and nourishes individuality, diversity, and personal and professional growth.
- Gifford is a private, nonprofit coeducational day school providing a specialized educational and clinical program for students who face a variety of learning, behavioral and/or emotional challenges.
- Gifford serves over 100 students ranging from eight year olds to high school seniors.
- Students come from over 60 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts.
- Guided by a devoted staff of educators and clinicians, in partnership with the students' families, The Gifford School strives to help students achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
- Gifford is licensed as an approved program by the Massachusetts Department of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newton Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Newton, MA 02458
(781) 641-5992 4.1 4-12
- Waltham Grades: 3-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
(781) 895-3200 2.2 3-12
- Millbury Grades: 8-12 | 28 students
130 Elm St
Millbury, MA 01527
(508) 865-0533 27.7 8-12
I was at the Gifford shool from 1981 to 1982 and had a great experience there. I can't thank the staff enough for their dedication and proffessionalism and most of all their patience with me. I encourage anyone on the staff new or old to join the Gifford Alumni Facebook page and see some great memories from the past and some old friends. Once again thank you for everything and if I had to do it agian I would in a minute.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bills
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.