- Gifford is an evolving school community committed to providing its students and faculty with an environment that encourages and nourishes individuality, diversity, and personal and professional growth.
- Gifford is a private, nonprofit coeducational day school providing a specialized educational and clinical program for students who face a variety of learning, behavioral and/or emotional challenges.
- Gifford serves over 100 students ranging from eight year olds to high school seniors.
- Students come from over 60 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts.
- Guided by a devoted staff of educators and clinicians, in partnership with the students' families, The Gifford School strives to help students achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
- Gifford is licensed as an approved program by the Massachusetts Department of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WalthamGrades: 1-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
West NewtonGrades: 3-12 | 230 students
1507 Washington St
West Newton, MA 02465
BelmontGrades: 2-12 | 29 students
115 Mill St
Belmont, MA 02478
East WalpoleGrades: 3-12 | 74 students
300 Boston Providence Tpke
East Walpole, MA 02032
HanoverGrades: UG | 118 students
405 Washington St
Hanover, MA 02339
I was at the Gifford shool from 1981 to 1982 and had a great experience there. I can't thank the staff enough for their dedication and proffessionalism and most of all their patience with me. I encourage anyone on the staff new or old to join the Gifford Alumni Facebook page and see some great memories from the past and some old friends. Once again thank you for everything and if I had to do it agian I would in a minute.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bills
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.