The Gordon School of Beth David Congregation
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ariel Rosen|
- The Gordon Schools of Beth David Congregation encompass an Early Childhood Center, Jewish Day School for children through fifth grade, and most recently the Tikvah Center, the only autism-specific program with a Jewish Day School in Florida.
- Mission of the Gordon Schools
- The Gordon Schools are dedicated to helping children reach their highest potential through our nurturing, child-centered environment and our program of academic excellence. We teach our children to cherish the wisdom and faith of Judaism and embrace its rich heritage.
- Our age-appropriate programs promote growth and development in each child`s intellectual, social-emotional, ethical and spiritual domains.
- Intellectual: To inspire Torah Lishmah (a love of learning) that encourages students to be critical and reflective thinkers and promotes a lifelong love of learning in a highly individualized, academically challenging environment. We provide a comprehensive and highly refined, balanced curriculum integrated with innovative developmentally appropriate technological tools. Potential abilities and aptitudes for analytical and creative learning are nurtured in an atmosphere where our children feel happy, secure, confident and free to explore and question.
- Social-Emotional: To encourage V`ahavta L`Rayakha (love thy neighbor), self-sufficient, compassionate, considerate individuals who appreciate their own and each other`s uniqueness and are respectful of their teachers, peers and community.
- Ethical: To teach Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) and raise socially conscious, caring children with an active commitment to giving tzedakah (charity), doing mitzvoth (acts of kindness) and engaging in social action. We teach our children to open their hearts and minds to the community, Israel and the world.
- Spiritual: To embrace Kedushah (holiness) and study of the Torah, the connection with God and the sanctification of their lives through prayer and Jewish traditions.
Profile last updated:
Great school. High quality education emphasizing both academics and values. They work with each child developing their skills in such a way that their abilities are strengthened and shine through.
- Posted by Parent - idest
I have two children at the Gordon School. We are so happy here. The environment is simultaneously warm and nurturing and academically strong. The teachers and staff work tirelessly to give each child an individualized learning experience to help them grow not only academically but also socially and emotionally.
- Posted by Parent - lisa
We have finally found our "second home" at The Gordon School of Beth David Congregation.! I would highly recommend you send your child/children to this school. Exceptional teachers, education, and nurturing environment for chidren 18 months- 5th grade. Very strong in science, languages (including Spanish and Portuguese), and music theater. A top feeder school to Ransom Everglades and other great schools. Here's the school's website for more information: GordonSchoolMiami.org
- Posted by Parent - Weiss