The Kinkaid School
- Kinkaid's mission is to promote educational excellence, personal responsibility, and balanced growth, and thereby to help its students to discover and develop their talents and to fulfill their best potentials.
- From its earliest days Kinkaid has emphasized both academic attainment and character development.
- Kinkaid remains faithful to its founder's calling, valuing its students for their potential, as well as their achievement, and striving always for their balanced growth — intellectual, physical, social, and ethical.
- The primary goals of Kinkaid are intellectual endeavor and achievement.
- The school also believes that a well-rounded education includes experiences in the arts, athletics, and a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- Kinkaid further believes that every student is and will continue to be part of a community and, therefore, seeks to strengthen his or her moral responsibility to it. The school actively promotes honor, respect, responsibility, and kindness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||143 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: K-5 | 1431 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 850-0222 4.9 K-5