The Parish School
Tel: (949) 496-1241
- Faithful to Catholic values, St. Edward the Confessor Parish School sustains an evolving schoolwide learning environment that inspires each learner in Preschool - 8th Grade to achieve his or her God-given potential inside and outside the classroom.A low faculty-to-student ratio allows for hands-on learning experiences that exercise critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Through STREAM, Art and Makerspace, The Parish School forms resilient leaders as they integrate technology, engineering and creativity with project-based solutions to real-world situations.Learners live their Catholic faith daily through weekly Mass, providing mentorship through Prayer Partners and participating in service projects and retreats.Faith and academics are the school`s core, but the community is the heart.
- Parents are involved, from volunteering in the classroom, to serving as faith formation partners, to attending fellowship events.
- Always learning, St. Edward Parish School graduates are confident and compassionate young adults who make a difference.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||855 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||32 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||The quoted tuition is for verified Catholic families. The non-Catholic rate is $9300.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,364|
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Celotto|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Always learning, The Parish School graduates are confident and compassionate young men and women who make a difference. Faithful to Catholic values, The Parish School at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church sustains an evolving schoolwide learning environment that inspires each learner to achieve his or her God-given potential inside and outside the classroom.
- ALWAYS LEARNING
- The Parish School is #AlwaysLearning. Learners don`t just memorize math equations or recite spelling words. They ask questions and explore. They love not just school but the process of learning. And learning comes not just through doing things right, but through doing things wrong. We develop resilient, innovative learners who try, grow and achieve.ACADEMIC EXCELLENCEThe Parish School utilizes a standard-based curriculum aligned to the Roman Catholic Church teachings which prepares our learners for high school and beyond. The faculty and staff continually expose learners to meaningful hands-on experiences, resulting in thoughtful risk-tasking, problem solving and collaboration.
- SMALLER CLASSES - IN-DEPTH LEARNING
- Not only do we boast an impressive 11:1 instructor-to-student ratio, but our Lower School uses Departmentalized Platooning. Each class moves as a unit between three classrooms, with a teacher focused on just two subjects. The result a richer learning experience.
- Through Makerspace a hands-on studio that integrates technology, engineering and creativity with project-based solutions to real-world situations - art, music and more, we build creative and confident leaders.
- FAITH DEVELOPMENT & STEWARDSHIP
- Each day, we pray, serve and grow in our relationship with God. It is present in the books we read, the history we teach, and the music we sing. Our learners attend weekly mass, provide mentorship through Prayer Partners and participate in hands-on service projects and retreats.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Laguna Beach Grades: K-8 | 123 students
30516 S Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
(949) 494-7339 5.3 K-8
- Laguna Niguel Grades: NS-8 | 57 students
27632 El Lazo
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949) 280-8641 6.4 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.