The Rashi School
- The Rashi School graduates accomplished and engaged students with a strong sense of self and Jewish identity who understand their obligation to make a difference in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Rashi is committed to having an economically diverse student population. Rashi grants financial aid awards totaling about $1.4M or about 30% of the student enrollment.|
|Admissions Director||Adrien Khelemsky|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Animation, Chess, Choir, Drama, Fencing, Flute, Guitar, Jam Band, Karate, Lego Engineering, Mandarin, Nature Explorers, Piano, Science and Engineering Club, Sports Mania, Study Hall, Voice, Yoga, Zumba|
- Located on a 162-acre wooded campus on the Charles River, Rashi attracts students from areas surrounding Boston, Jamaica Plain, Wellesley, Newton, and Needham. Our 300 students from Kindergarten through 8th grade benefit from a warm, academically challenging, and values-rich environment that cultivates commitment and respect for learning in the classroom and outside.
- The Rashi interdisciplinary curriculum weaves Jewish studies seamlessly with secular learning, integrating material from varied subjects through the school day. Rashi teachers are adept at differentiating their instruction, designing lessons around students` readiness, interests and learning profiles.
- Rashi`s dedication to Social Justice extends from classroom curricula into all-school projects, individual initiatives, and community partnerships.
- Rashi shares a campus with NewBridge on the Charles, a multi-generational village where Rashi students` and NewBridge residents` lives intersect and enrich each other.
- Rashi, the Boston area`s Reform Jewish K-8 Independent School, is a diverse community welcoming interfaith families.
- Transportation by bus is available.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.