The Rashi School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (617) 969-4444
- Rashi`s kindergarten through eighth grade students are academically motivated and committed to improving their world.
- They are capable, confident, self-aware learners who take on leadership roles in educational settings and social justice opportunities in their communities. At The Rashi School, we're always inspiring more.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed is an average of tuition dollars, which vary by grade. To learn more about tuition and affordability at The Rashi School, please visit https://www.rashi.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ilyssa Frey|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Savage|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Animation, Flute, Guitar, Jam Band, Mandarin, Piano, Voice, Zumba|
Club or Organization:
Chess, Fencing, Karate, Lego Engineering, Nature Explorers, Science and Engineering Club, Sports Mania, Study Hall, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
- Located on a 162-acre wooded campus on the Charles River, Rashi attracts students from areas surrounding Boston, Jamaica Plain, Wellesley, Newton, and Needham. Our 250 students from Kindergarten through 8th grade benefit from a warm, academically challenging, and values-rich environment that cultivates commitment and respect for learning in the classroom and outside.
- The Rashi interdisciplinary curriculum weaves Jewish studies seamlessly with secular learning, integrating material from varied subjects through the school day. Rashi teachers are adept at differentiating their instruction, designing lessons around students` readiness, interests and learning profiles.
- Rashi`s dedication to Social Justice extends from classroom curricula into all-school projects, individual initiatives, and community partnerships.
- Rashi shares a campus with NewBridge on the Charles, a multi-generational village where Rashi students` and NewBridge residents` lives intersect and enrich each other.
- Rashi, the Boston area`s Reform Jewish K-8 Independent School, is a diverse community welcoming interfaith families.
- Transportation by bus is available.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumford Grades: K-8 | 65 students
215 Ferris Avenue
Rumford, RI 02916
(401) 432-9940 29.9 K-8
My oldest son is in first grade at Rashi and we could not be happier with the school! When looking for the best place to send him as a kindergartner, we looked into several local day schools. Rashi was hands down the best choice for him and our family. Even in the midst of covid, Rashi and my sons' teachers have gone above and beyond to make the school feel as amazing as it did pre-Covid. We love the school so much we'll be hopefully sending out soon to be kindergartner next year as well!
- Posted by Parent - Jamie p
I am the parent of three Rashi students - one recent graduate, one middle schooler, and one elementary schooler. I have been incredibly impressed with Rashi across the board for my children. One of Rashi`s strengths is the amount of attention they are able to devote to each student - Rashi students are known by their teachers and well supported both academically and socially. My children have become confident learners, productive members of the community and are learning the critical thinking skills necessary for high school and beyond. Rashi is providing a nurturing, joyful, and safe environment for my kids to grow as students. The academic curriculum is rigorous but the approach is interwoven with the Jewish values of justice, community, and respect. Rashi`s focus on community service and social justice is another strength of the school. My kids have loved the opportunities for multigenerational programming with Newbridge on the Charles, plus there are many opportunities for community service throughout the year. Starting in Middle School, kids have the opportunity to join Student Government and take leadership roles throughout the school. The middle school years at Rashi are a particular strength of the school - not only are the academics strong, the athletic teams are open to all students, and the graduates are ready for success in high school. Rashi has a history of stellar high school admissions and supports the students (and parents) very well with finding the best high school (whether that be private or aiding in the decision to go to public school). Rashi is more than a school, it is a community.
- Posted by Parent - Jessica M.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.