The Rashi School
Tel: (617) 969-4444
- Rashi`s kindergarten through eighth grade students are academically motivated and committed to improving their world.
- They are capable, confident, self-aware learners who take on leadership roles in educational settings and social justice opportunities in their communities. At The Rashi School, we're always inspiring more.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed is an average of tuition dollars, which vary by grade. To learn more about tuition and affordability at The Rashi School, please visit https://www.rashi.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ilyssa Frey|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Savage|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Animation, Flute, Guitar, Jam Band, Mandarin, Piano, Voice, Zumba|
Club or Organization:
Chess, Fencing, Karate, Lego Engineering, Nature Explorers, Science and Engineering Club, Sports Mania, Study Hall, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
- Located on a 162-acre wooded campus on the Charles River, Rashi attracts students from areas surrounding Boston, Jamaica Plain, Wellesley, Newton, and Needham. Our 250 students from Kindergarten through 8th grade benefit from a warm, academically challenging, and values-rich environment that cultivates commitment and respect for learning in the classroom and outside.
- The Rashi interdisciplinary curriculum weaves Jewish studies seamlessly with secular learning, integrating material from varied subjects through the school day. Rashi teachers are adept at differentiating their instruction, designing lessons around students` readiness, interests and learning profiles.
- Rashi`s dedication to Social Justice extends from classroom curricula into all-school projects, individual initiatives, and community partnerships.
- Rashi shares a campus with NewBridge on the Charles, a multi-generational village where Rashi students` and NewBridge residents` lives intersect and enrich each other.
- Rashi, the Boston area`s Reform Jewish K-8 Independent School, is a diverse community welcoming interfaith families.
- Transportation by bus is available.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumford Grades: K-8 | 65 students
215 Ferris Avenue
Rumford, RI 02916
(401) 432-9940 29.9 K-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.