The Roeper School Grades 6 - 12
The Roeper School is open for the 2021-2022 school year. Complete this Inquiry Form to learn more. Founded in 1941 and designated a school for gifted children in 1956, Roeper is a highly individualized, inquiry-based coed program, with students from diverse ethnicities, races, and economic backgrounds. Roeper is located on two campuses, the Lower School (Pre-K/5) in Bloomfield Hills and the Middle (6-8) and Upper (9-12) schools in Birmingham. Highlights: Extensive Roeper Home Learning Program with opportunities in academics, the arts, and athletics
AP classes and college preparatory program Community Center, gymnasium, library, and playgrounds
Middle and Upper School campus featuring state-of-the art science and technology labs, black-box theatre, dance studio, Learning Commons, and full-service kitchen and cafe
Integrated college counseling and academic advising program built around each student`s goals
Extensive parent involvement, including parent educational seminars and workshops
The Roeper School Grades 6 - 12 ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government Politics, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language and Culture, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1, AP Spanish Language and Culture
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition ranges from $28,900 (Middle School) to $31,350 (Upper School).
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band
- The structure of Roeper's curriculum emphasizes conceptual and experiential learning opportunities that facilitate specific goals for individuals in response to their intellectual and personal/social characteristics, needs and interests. The Roeper School`s mission is to maximize the whole potential of gifted students. By providing our educational program, by creating understanding of the needs of gifted students, and by promoting forums for educational research and leadership, we seek to produce graduates who are interested, effective learners, actively involved in understanding their world.
- Our Middle School serves grades 6-8 and guides students through these challenging years with meaningful academic work, a personalized understanding of each student`s needs, and a steady increase in freedom and responsibility. Students` curiosity and passion are fed with a wide range of electives, including art, music, theatre, sports, forensics, journalism, robotics, world languages, Model UN, and more.
- Our Upper School, serving grades 9-12, is an energetic community with advanced classes and remarkable freedom to make choices and learn from results. Students benefit from access to extensive AP courses, college-level Malone online courses, strong athletic teams, an exceptional arts program, robotics, debate, independent study, college counseling, and senior projects.
Profile last updated: 07/22/2021
Endorse The Roeper School Grades 6 - 12. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.