The Washington Market School
Tel: (212) 233-2176
- The Washington Market School is a non-profit, non-sectarian educational organization.
- It serve as a Preschool, Kindergarten and Afterschool Center for children ages 18 months to 6 years.
- The goals of the School are the development of self-confidence, independence and concentration in an enviornment created from the aspects of the Montessori philosophy and to nurture in children theie inherent interest in learning and creativity.
- We are excited at begining another year and look forward to one filled with exploration, fun and learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-9 | 407 students
132 E 78th St
New York, NY 10075
(212) 288-6710 4.7 K-9
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.