The Weiss School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- The Weiss School, located in Palm Beach Gardens, is fully accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools, the Florida Kindergarten Council, and the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools.
- We understand the unique needs of Gifted Students, and have been educating the gifted population (PreK to 8th Grade) since 1989.
- Our school gives children the opportunity to develop mentally, socially, and emotionally to their fullest potential.
- With small classes, individual attention is a priority. Students, teachers and parents work together to map out individualized educational programs that build upon each child's special strengths and skills, while enhancing the child's self-esteem and self-concept.
- Our mission is to provide a warm, caring environment in which all students succeed in developing the knowledge and social skills they need to be independent thinkers.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,790|
|Tuition Notes||range from $13,790.00-$20,150.00|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,833|
|Admissions Director||Pam Tripp|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing Workshop, Book Club, Chess Club, Debate Team, Engineering Club, Fencing, Game Theory Club, Lego Club, Math Competitions, Minecraft Club, Pokemon League, PSAT 8/9 Prep Club, Robotics Team, Spanish Club, Taekwondo, Weiss CubeSat Development Team, Writer's Workshop Club, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Ballet, Dance Team, Show Choir, Theatre
- The Weiss School is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) school that is the only independent school in South Florida exclusively dedicated to educating gifted students in grades PreK through 8th grade. The Weiss School offers a uniquely custom-crafted educational experience that meets the needs of gifted students by addressing their challenges, strengths, and potentials. Our top level educators, six Centers of Excellence, and professional and university partnerships give Weiss School students endless opportunities to develop collaboration and problem solving skills to prepare them for the 21st century workforce.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palm Beach Gardens Grades: K-8 | 134 students
5225 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
(561)686-6520 2.6 K-8
- Boca Raton Grades: PK-12 | 582 students
470 NW 4th Ave.
Boca Raton, FL 33432
(561)391-2727 32.8 PK-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: NS-12 | 1818 students
2401 W Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
(954)905-5100 43.5 NS-12
My daughter has been at the Weiss School since Pre-K for she is now in fifth grade. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the school. It is true that we have a new head of school; she is amazing! She loves the children and knows them and their parents by name. Every teacher in the school is caring and warm. And the administration is always willing to listen and make changes as necessary. Every time I think about my daughter leaving the school I want to cry. Luckily, she never wants to leave. One of the great things about Weiss is that each child is able to work at their own level. Some kids go up for math, some kids don't. Some kids take chemistry some take biology, some even launched a satellite into space. No one is left behind, and everyone is included. In response to the review above... All private schools try to raise money, but at Weiss they do not throw it in your face. Athletics just started and we have already made it to 2 championships (volleyball and soccer) and they have hired outside coaches. Also, they have added a liberal arts track that includes art, band, theater, film critique, yearbook, and Piano. I just hope we get a high school!
- Posted by Parent - Michele M.
The Weiss School has been an amazing find for our two children. The school provides an environment in which students are actively engaged in and excited about, learning. The teachers clearly care about their students and offer to meet one-on-one if needed. Our children enthusiastically share what they are doing in each class — without any prompting. Through classes, electives and clubs. The Weiss School has opportunities that foster the interests of any gifted child.
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
My daughter proudly attends there. I have found the faculty to be excellent. Dr. Ferguson puts here heart and soul into the kids. My daughter has been sick this semester and her teachers have been flexible working with us to amend her schedule. Every faculty member I have meet has been outstanding. Ms Beck, Mrs Rack, Miss Walsh I thank you for being so good to my daughter Lulu ...
- Posted by Parent - Joseph Bell
This school HAD BEEN a shining star of gifted education until the HOS changed a few years back. The teachers are very caring but like the prior reviewer, their morale is sorely damaged and it is very apparent. Read other reviews (Great Schools) and you will find every negative comment is directed toward the change in administration, the Board running the school like a fundraising business and problems with the current HOS. Athletic programs will always struggle because of the small number of students (260) and the expectation that overworked teachers must be the coaches. If advanced science/technology classes are the only things you are interested in, that would be the only reason to chose this school.
- Posted by Parent - Jenna
This school has amazing teachers and a great gifted program. Unfortunately, ever since the leadership has changed and the board has become involved the morale of these poor teachers is horrible. If you want a great gifted education with uncaring, public school administrators, then the new Mayville School is the place for your child.
- Posted by Parent - Drema