Turtle River Montessori School
5.00 (9 reviews)
Tel: (561) 745-1995
Turtle River Montessori School Photo #2 - Our students, from toddler through HS, enjoy a nurturing and individualized learning environment. Each child's personal interests are used to propel their curiosity and intrinsic motivation to explore and learn. TRM uses latest neuroscience and best practices to create a truly progressive education.
Turtle River Montessori School Photo #3 - Our Secondary Program offers four concentrations which provide real world experiences that our children will need for their future: Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Permaculture & Sustainability, Digital Arts & Communication, and Health & Well Being. Internships and apprenticeships are integral parts of our Secondary experience.
Turtle River Montessori is the premier choice among independent schools, providing a comprehensive Montessori education to a culturally diverse student body.
Toddlers through High School students are welcomed at our two expansive facilities in the heart of Jupiter, where we challenge, engage and nurture your child in a true Montessori environment.
Montessori instruction accommodates your child's stages of readiness and emphasizes hands-on activities for deep understanding and internalization of math, language, science and cultural topics and exceptional performance academically.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted, Dyslexia, ADD, Dyscalculia, Anxiety|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||323 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Polo shirt, khaki or navy bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call to schedule a tour for Admission and Tuition information.|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Cuomo|
|Admissions Associate||Julia Mathes|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Martial Arts, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Martial Arts, Tennis,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cello Club, Cooking, Drama, Foreign Language, Math Club, Peace Club, Sewing Club, Stem Club, Technology Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Turtle River Montessori School strives to provide a Montessorieducation in the "purest" sense - fully encompassing the spirit andideology Dr. Maria Montessori developed. Theschool was developed out of a need for a learning center in theJupiter area that more richly offered parents the very bestMontessori environment possible for early learning at age 2 throughHigh School.
- Parents searching for the most optimal learning experience fortheir children, for the fullest growth and development possible,for the highest opportunities available for encouraging a lifelong,positive learning relationship resulting in a happy and successfulindividual choose Turtle River Montessori.
- Turtle River Montessori is situated in a 9,000 sq foot facilityencompassing classrooms, administrative offices, outdoor play spaceand gardens, all securely maintained and professionally designedfor an optimal Montessori experience. As we walk with you down thehall past the classrooms, you'll be struck by the gentle hum ofhappy children. Your attention will be captured by the sight ofstudents engaged in meaningful activities, and you'll befascinated, as most parents are, by children working purposefullyand independently at the many centers provided in each room.
- The school's hallmark is our warm and welcoming environment,embracing the community of families who choose to participate inthe opportunities for learning, commitment and involvement.
- We provide nurturing, child-centered settings forchildren2 years through fifteen years of age. While we focuson helping children master language, math, and sensorial experienceat age-appropriate levels, we simultaneously nurture thedevelopment of conscious, caring, and compassionate human beingsthrough an active service program.
- At Turtle River, we rejoice in the basic tenet of Montessori:that children want to learn naturally. We believe that even theyoungest child delights in seeing-and mastering-how the worldworks. So our teachers respect each child's individual interestsand abilities. Free to follow their own inner dictates, childrenacquire an ability to learn which is virtually unlimited; free toexplore in prepared environments, they develop a sense of purpose,process, completion-and success.
- We offer rich and varied environments-from individual activitytables to open floor areas that promote group interaction; fromquiet areas for independent interests to the natural abundance ofour own glorious "backyards". Each of these environments invitesexploration, and in total, fully meets the developmental needs ofchildren.
- Children "work" with authentic Montessori materials including awide range of high-quality, age-appropriate materials. All of ourmaterials are designed to be self-teaching: our children learn tosolve problems, see natural connections in knowledge, learn skillsrelated to practical living, and therefore, expand theirimaginative thinking.
- Operating on the principle of freedom within limits, TurtleRiver inspires children to work at their own pace, alone or withothers. Our teachers encourage the growth of self-motivated,independent children by balancing active, self-directed learningwith small group collaboration and peer teaching. Classes comprisea range of ages and abilities. Older, more experienced childrentake on the role of peer mentors, reinforcing their own skills andexperiencing the responsibilities of leadership through helpingothers. Younger children, in turn, enjoy the daily stimulation ofolder role models, while children of all ages learn to respect eachother in a warm atmosphere of acceptance and joy.
- Thank you for your interest and we hope you will visit with ussoon!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jupiter Grades: PK-K | 25 students
700 S Orange Ave
Jupiter, FL 33458
(561) 575-4331 1.7 PK-K
- Jupiter Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
402 Seabrook Road
Jupiter, FL 33469
(561) 746-4848 3 PK-5
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 143 students
7011 W Sunrise Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313
(954) 584-6816 54.2 PK-8
My children have been thriving at Turtle River for 7 years now. We feel lucky that we have found a school that is inclusive, compassionate, and attentive, that which has created a community that is connected and supportive. Additionally, the teachers have implemented a rigorous curriculum that has taught my children to be collaborative, creative, and deep thinkers, which has enabled them to be empathetic towards others and solid leaders in and out of the classroom.
- Posted by Parent - The JD Family
I am a senior in high school who graduated from TRM. My personal experience at Turtle River was nothing short of transformative. TRM was a safe place for my peers and I to develop who we were, without any judgment, during the tumultuous time of middle school. In high school, it became clear to me that being part of a small, loving middle school is what set TRM students apart from students who attended other schools- there's a certain level of confidence and kindness that students develop at TRM. The support received from the community, staff and teachers is unparalleled. I`ll never forget making appointments with the head of school to discuss initiatives I wanted to start or fundraisers I wanted to plan. This experience with the head of school helped shape the leader I am today. TRM nurtured my critical thinking abilities, my work ethic, my interests and my sense of self, and for that, I will be forever grateful.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Class of 2021
Both of our children attend TRM (second and fourth grade) and have been there since age 3. We can not say enough about the school. The teachers are incredibly passionate about their work and it shows in their individualized approach to each child's needs. Academically, the curriculum is rigorous but completely engaging and hands on and my children love going to school each and every day. The environment is beautiful and the children have plenty of access outside each day. TRM has fostered a love of learning in each of my children and has helped to make them confident, self sufficient, and well-rounded individuals who will be ready to take on the changing world.
- Posted by Parent - SM
My children have been at Turtle River Montessori since they were 3 and 4, respectively. They are now 11 and 12 and have thrived in this nurturing environment. Not only does TRM focus on education and lessons, but they also support the basic essentials in life: time management, treating others with respect, respecting your environment, working together independently but also in collaboration with a team, public speaking, managing self and work loads. The way the material is presented encourages each child to retain the information through hands on lessons. I have been amazing hearing my children repeat their knowledge to me. I personally feel like the Montessori model for education is the way of our future with more flexible work lifestyles and entrepreneurial opportunities. The gift of a Montessori education creates a well-rounded child who is prepared for all life's challenges, who is curious about the world around them, who asks questions and challenges old thinking, and has the work ethic to achieve greatness by thinking outside of the box.
- Posted by Parent - KM
We have three children there from preschool through upper elementary. There are wonderful benefits and experiences for all ages. All of our children continue to love to learn due to the Montessori method of teaching and the wonderful teachers. We highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Ashley
We have two boys (ages 3.5 & 6) at TRM and have attended for two school years now. I am continuously impressed by the administration and staff's dedication to the children's social-emotional AND academic well-being. Whenever I spend time with the staff or in the classroom (now at a safe distance/outside to respect current CDC guidelines), I am inspired by the classroom community and family they create. This leads to enhanced learning collaboration, problem-solving, and curiosity. The children are presented with new and exciting lessons and encourage EACH OTHER because they are mirroring what the adults do for them. Turtle River is truly a special place, and I write the staff weekly to express my gratitude. I recommend this school to personal friends, as a parent and professionally as a behavior specialist.
- Posted by Parent - Caley
We highly recommend Turtle River Montessori. We have been attending TRM since our oldest daughter, now 6, was 2. We now have a 2-year-old in a preprimary class, a 4-year-old in Primary, and a 6-year-old in 1st grade! The teachers and administrators are so nurturing and go above and beyond to help our children excel academically, socially and emotionally. There is a genuine sense of community on both campuses, and my kids are excited to go to school every single day. My kids are pushed to their utmost capacity academically, given so many resources to learn. They are able to learn and explore at their own pace through hands-on experiences. The kids learn from each other, teach one another and develop lifelong skills such as confidence, inclusion, independent thinking, and empathy. My kids are truly thriving in every aspect, and we could not be more happy at Turtle River Montessori.
- Posted by Parent - AC
I love the sense of community that Turtle River offers its students and their families. There aren`t any other schools that offer as many opportunities to volunteer and be a part of the classroom environment as they do. All 3 of my children are students and the Montessori program has helped them develop their character and transformed them into kind, caring, empathetic kids.
- Posted by Parent - KC
We are so thankful to have found TRM for our son. After first sending him to a different local preschool at the age of 2.5 we quickly learned that while that school was lovely in many ways, it simply wasn't the right fit for him. He is smart and social however he is a sensitive kid who would always prefer to be home with me given the option. For us, finding a school which truly felt safe and fun like his home environment did was imperative. We wanted a space which encouraged classroom exploration, outdoor play, gardening or connecting to nature in some way, learning all the basic age-appropriate education fundamentals and, most importantly, helped the little ones understand emotional intelligence and kind interaction. It is not enough to have smart children who are emotionally lost/disruptive or to have kind kids who are behind intellectually. We wanted a strong balance of the two. Now, having been a TRM family for the past two years we can see the massive strides our son has taken in all of these important aspects of his developmental growth. He is 4.5 and loves to show us his math (adding numbers like 2456 + 1391), he loves to read us books, and every week he proudly brings home science and art projects which coincide with that month's topic. TRM has an inclusive approach to their curriculum in that one fun topic (i.e., Africa) carries the kids from Botany to Science to Geography to Cultures to Art to Math to Reading and back. They don't just look at a book and find a continent on the map - they dive deep and explore different aspects of that region in the most creative and engaging ways! The teachers we have here are amazing, (aside from COVID times) you can pop in at any point during the day to see the class in action, they offer many special days throughout the year for parents and grandparents to participate in the classroom, all families volunteer and come together to help foster a strong sense of community and, best of all, our sensitive little one is now happy and excited to go to school each day! * Also, the outdoor play areas are amazing. They have playhouses, swings, a mini hill, a paved track, garden beds, fenced in and shaded private areas per classroom with picnic tables and education bins so kids can have snacks/meals outdoors or play in that shaded space (they aren't stuck inside all day or only allowed out at playground time - there are many opportunities for indoor or outdoor study).
- Posted by Parent - L.Cosmo
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.