Turtle River Montessori School
Tel: (561) 745-1995
Turtle River Montessori School Photo #2 - Our students, from toddler through HS, enjoy a nurturing and individualized learning environment. Each child's personal interests are used to propel their curiosity and intrinsic motivation to explore and learn. TRM uses latest neuroscience and best practices to create a truly progressive education.
Turtle River Montessori School Photo #3 - Our Secondary Program offers four concentrations which provide real world experiences that our children will need for their future: Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Permaculture & Sustainability, Digital Arts & Communication, and Health & Well Being. Internships and apprenticeships are integral parts of our Secondary experience.
- Turtle River Montessori is the premier choice among independent schools, providing a comprehensive Montessori education to a culturally diverse student body.
- Toddlers through High School students are welcomed at our two expansive facilities in the heart of Jupiter, where we challenge, engage and nurture your child in a true Montessori environment.
- Montessori instruction accommodates your child's stages of readiness and emphasizes hands-on activities for deep understanding and internalization of math, language, science and cultural topics and exceptional performance academically.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted, Dyslexia, ADD, Dyscalculia, Anxiety|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||323 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Polo shirt, khaki or navy bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call to schedule a tour for Admission and Tuition information.|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Cuomo|
|Admissions Associate||Julia Mathes|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Martial Arts, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Martial Arts, Tennis,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cello Club, Cooking, Drama, Foreign Language, Math Club, Peace Club, Sewing Club, Stem Club, Technology Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Turtle River Montessori School strives to provide a Montessorieducation in the "purest" sense - fully encompassing the spirit andideology Dr. Maria Montessori developed. Theschool was developed out of a need for a learning center in theJupiter area that more richly offered parents the very bestMontessori environment possible for early learning at age 2 throughHigh School.
- Parents searching for the most optimal learning experience fortheir children, for the fullest growth and development possible,for the highest opportunities available for encouraging a lifelong,positive learning relationship resulting in a happy and successfulindividual choose Turtle River Montessori.
- Turtle River Montessori is situated in a 9,000 sq foot facilityencompassing classrooms, administrative offices, outdoor play spaceand gardens, all securely maintained and professionally designedfor an optimal Montessori experience. As we walk with you down thehall past the classrooms, you'll be struck by the gentle hum ofhappy children. Your attention will be captured by the sight ofstudents engaged in meaningful activities, and you'll befascinated, as most parents are, by children working purposefullyand independently at the many centers provided in each room.
- The school's hallmark is our warm and welcoming environment,embracing the community of families who choose to participate inthe opportunities for learning, commitment and involvement.
- We provide nurturing, child-centered settings forchildren2 years through fifteen years of age. While we focuson helping children master language, math, and sensorial experienceat age-appropriate levels, we simultaneously nurture thedevelopment of conscious, caring, and compassionate human beingsthrough an active service program.
- At Turtle River, we rejoice in the basic tenet of Montessori:that children want to learn naturally. We believe that even theyoungest child delights in seeing-and mastering-how the worldworks. So our teachers respect each child's individual interestsand abilities. Free to follow their own inner dictates, childrenacquire an ability to learn which is virtually unlimited; free toexplore in prepared environments, they develop a sense of purpose,process, completion-and success.
- We offer rich and varied environments-from individual activitytables to open floor areas that promote group interaction; fromquiet areas for independent interests to the natural abundance ofour own glorious "backyards". Each of these environments invitesexploration, and in total, fully meets the developmental needs ofchildren.
- Children "work" with authentic Montessori materials including awide range of high-quality, age-appropriate materials. All of ourmaterials are designed to be self-teaching: our children learn tosolve problems, see natural connections in knowledge, learn skillsrelated to practical living, and therefore, expand theirimaginative thinking.
- Operating on the principle of freedom within limits, TurtleRiver inspires children to work at their own pace, alone or withothers. Our teachers encourage the growth of self-motivated,independent children by balancing active, self-directed learningwith small group collaboration and peer teaching. Classes comprisea range of ages and abilities. Older, more experienced childrentake on the role of peer mentors, reinforcing their own skills andexperiencing the responsibilities of leadership through helpingothers. Younger children, in turn, enjoy the daily stimulation ofolder role models, while children of all ages learn to respect eachother in a warm atmosphere of acceptance and joy.
- Thank you for your interest and we hope you will visit with ussoon!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jupiter Grades: PK-K | 25 students
700 S Orange Ave
Jupiter, FL 33458
(561) 575-4331 1.7 PK-K
- Jupiter Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
402 Seabrook Road
Jupiter, FL 33469
(561) 746-4848 3 PK-5
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 143 students
7011 W Sunrise Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313
(954) 584-6816 54.2 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.