Turtle River Montessori School
Academics and Faculty
Polo shirt, khaki or navy bottoms
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Cello Club, Cooking, Drama, Foreign Language, Math Club, Peace Club, Sewing Club, Stem Club, Technology Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Turtle River Montessori School strives to provide a Montessorieducation in the "purest" sense - fully encompassing the spirit andideology Dr. Maria Montessori developed. Theschool was developed out of a need for a learning center in theJupiter area that more richly offered parents the very bestMontessori environment possible for early learning at age 2 throughHigh School.
- Parents searching for the most optimal learning experience fortheir children, for the fullest growth and development possible,for the highest opportunities available for encouraging a lifelong,positive learning relationship resulting in a happy and successfulindividual choose Turtle River Montessori.
- Turtle River Montessori is situated in a 9,000 sq foot facilityencompassing classrooms, administrative offices, outdoor play spaceand gardens, all securely maintained and professionally designedfor an optimal Montessori experience. As we walk with you down thehall past the classrooms, you'll be struck by the gentle hum ofhappy children. Your attention will be captured by the sight ofstudents engaged in meaningful activities, and you'll befascinated, as most parents are, by children working purposefullyand independently at the many centers provided in each room.
- The school's hallmark is our warm and welcoming environment,embracing the community of families who choose to participate inthe opportunities for learning, commitment and involvement.
- We provide nurturing, child-centered settings forchildren2 years through fifteen years of age. While we focuson helping children master language, math, and sensorial experienceat age-appropriate levels, we simultaneously nurture thedevelopment of conscious, caring, and compassionate human beingsthrough an active service program.
- At Turtle River, we rejoice in the basic tenet of Montessori:that children want to learn naturally. We believe that even theyoungest child delights in seeing-and mastering-how the worldworks. So our teachers respect each child's individual interestsand abilities. Free to follow their own inner dictates, childrenacquire an ability to learn which is virtually unlimited; free toexplore in prepared environments, they develop a sense of purpose,process, completion-and success.
- We offer rich and varied environments-from individual activitytables to open floor areas that promote group interaction; fromquiet areas for independent interests to the natural abundance ofour own glorious "backyards". Each of these environments invitesexploration, and in total, fully meets the developmental needs ofchildren.
- Children "work" with authentic Montessori materials including awide range of high-quality, age-appropriate materials. All of ourmaterials are designed to be self-teaching: our children learn tosolve problems, see natural connections in knowledge, learn skillsrelated to practical living, and therefore, expand theirimaginative thinking.
- Operating on the principle of freedom within limits, TurtleRiver inspires children to work at their own pace, alone or withothers. Our teachers encourage the growth of self-motivated,independent children by balancing active, self-directed learningwith small group collaboration and peer teaching. Classes comprisea range of ages and abilities. Older, more experienced childrentake on the role of peer mentors, reinforcing their own skills andexperiencing the responsibilities of leadership through helpingothers. Younger children, in turn, enjoy the daily stimulation ofolder role models, while children of all ages learn to respect eachother in a warm atmosphere of acceptance and joy.
- Thank you for your interest and we hope you will visit with ussoon!
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Turtle River Montessori School offer?
Turtle River Montessori School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Martial Arts and Tennis.
What is Turtle River Montessori School's ranking?
Turtle River Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Turtle River Montessori School?
The application deadline for Turtle River Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Turtle River Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards