United Christian Academy
- United Christian Academy, opening its doors in August, 1995, is dedicated to providing a college preparatory education from a Bible-centered worldview to young people in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and beyond from kindergarten through twelfth grades. College preparatory is defined as offering a curriculum which, when successfully completed, enables the graduate to meet the entrance requirements of colleges and universities throughout the country. We aim to graduate young men and women who listen carefully, think clearly, reason persuasively, articulate precisely, challenge falsehoods, are unswayed by evil, joyfully submit to Gods authority, and love Him with all their being.
- We aim to cultivate in our parents a sense of excitement in being involved with UCA. We aim for a reputation of being above reproach in the publics mind and to exemplify the unity of the body of Christ.
- Discipling students to evidence a lifestyle of Christian character, service, stewardship, leadership, and worship is paramount.
United Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
State or regional independent school association
National Catholic Education Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, Physics 1,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Basic informal uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Book fee of 50 Registration fee of 100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Head of School|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, SoccerBadminton, Basketball,|
- Live within comuting distance. Housing available for international students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilkesboro Grades: NS-12 | 64 students
400 Winston Street
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
(336)667-9105 765.9 NS-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.