Variety Child Learning Center
- Variety Child Learning Center is a not for profit center with programs for children, families and professionals.
- We offer special education services and innovative child development programs for children and families, with developmental and learning disabilities, including autism and behavior problems, along with training for professionals.
- Ongoing research at VCLC leads to improved educational and social outcomes for young children.
- Special education programs and services are provided at no cost to families living in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens Counties.
- Support services for families, research and the training of early childhood personnel are other major components of the center's work.
- In all of our child development special education services and developmental programs, parents and professionals are partners.
- Parents are welcome to observe their children in the classroom or therapy rooms using one-way viewing glass and intercoms. Appointments are not required.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.