Veritas Christian Academy
5.00 (15 reviews)
Tel: (713) 773-9605
- Mission: Veritas is an independent Christian school in the classical tradition that prepares students for lives of service and learning through academic excellence, character development, biblical literacy, and intentional engagement opportunities. Core Values: In pursuit of its mission, the Veritas community is guided by five core values. Our core values represent the philosophical commitments of our community; these values are reflected in our past and guide our commitment to the future. The core values of Veritas embody the promises made for our students` development. Academic Excellence: Veritas embraces a history of excellence in academic achievement. We are committed to challenging our students to their highest potential in academics and stretching their intellectual boundaries, seeking to model and impart the virtues of inquiry, preparation, and discipline, in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding.
- Character Formation: Veritas educates holistically, both character and mind. Moral formation and mature behavior are of equal value with the acquisition of knowledge. We are committed to developing students` hearts and minds, seeking to instill in them both knowledge and Christian values.
- Biblical Literacy: Veritas seeks to shape our students` thinking through scripture both by understanding biblical content and through a deeper awareness of its meaning and ethical application. We believe that our students` minds are informed and fashioned through Christian studies and by mastering core competencies of the Bible.
- Classical Foundation: Veritas is committed to a classical pedagogy to develop our students` intellectual abilities and assist them to acquire the skills for good scholarship. The principles of classical thought inform and guide the school in its curricular aims to prepare our students for success beyond Veritas.
- Intentional Engagement: Veritas values providing a variety of engagement opportunities, both curricular and co-curricular, for the development of each student. The classroom, the playing field, travel exposure, fine arts integration, and community service are all part of the laboratory of learning for Veritas students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / Aug. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Visit our website for more information regarding tuition and fees. Payment plans are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Berger|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
International Thespian Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Conservatory of Music, Piano Lessons
Upcoming Open Houses
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-8 | 218 students
801 Roselane St
Houston, TX 77037
(281) 447-2132 12.7 PK-8
- Houston Grades: NS-5 | 270 students
105 N Post Oak Lane
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 681-8300 4.6 NS-5
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 409 students
7450 Memorial Woods Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 290-2500 5.5 NS-8
In recent years our family has seen this school grow from a great school to an outstanding one. We are so thankful our children are able to attend and receive a thorough and highly academic education. The new development of the Learning Resource Center is such an exciting process and we cannot wait for our children to experience it in the next school year.
- Posted by Parent - JLS
Veritas has been an absolute God-send to our family. Veritas is a place where the children experience academic excellence, the teachers are loving and kind and the students are super loving and kind. Who says middle school has to be awful...at Veritas the children learn to grow and develop into people of character, feel loved and have a stellar education.
- Posted by Parent - HappyMom
We have been a Veritas family for eight years, and my eldest child started in PK4. It is one of the few schools in Houston where your child will be encouraged in pursuing God's ways by godly teachers and staff. Everyone will come to know your child and love him or her regardless of if they are your child's teachers. Academically, the curriculum and teaching are very strong. My children feel challenged and perform very well on the standardized tests. Also, they love the school, their teachers, and their friends.
- Posted by Parent - Kim Roquemore
Excellent school. Highly academic but also focused on the emotional, social, spiritual and moral needs of all students. Administration and teaching staff are excellent and extremely qualified. We are thankful to have found this small but extremely strong school here in Houston. The changes that my husband and I, including my children have seen over the past few years have been incredible and encouraging.
- Posted by Parent - LH
Small Christian school with an excellent curriculum (one of the only Classical education based schools we know about in town), supportive staff and parents/families. Kids love it there and feel nurtured.
- Posted by Parent - SG
Veritas is a wonderful Christian school with excellent academics. The small, personal and caring environment prepares students for high school and beyond. We are blessed to be part of the Veritas community.
- Posted by Parent - LPJ
Fantastic Christian school with great academics. They have been able to develop and promote a very unique environment over the years where the kids seem more like brothers and sisters than classmates. The older kids are taught to look out for the younger kids and act as an example the way an older sibling would watch out for their younger sibling. We feel very grateful to be part of the Veritas community. The academics are top-tier with around 2/3 of the kids qualifying for Duke TIPS recognition (top 95% or higher in the country on standardized test). The Veritas kids are in very high demand for High Schools in town. The private High Schools call regularly and ask to please send them some more Veritas graduates. Great leadership in place with a seasoned faculty.
- Posted by Parent - JJ
We transferred our daughter to Veritas five years ago. She is now a middle school student. Veritas is a warm, Christian educational institution. The teachers foster academic excellence in a nurturing learning environment. The leaders and teachers are responsive to the concerns of the parents and the needs of the students. My daughter and many of her classmates have consistently qualified for the Duke TIP program. Veritas has been a blessing to our family and we are looking forward to transitioning our other children to Veritas.
- Posted by Parent - kdt
Veritas Christian Academy is an amazing gem of a school. Our daughter is receiving a stellar education by phenomenally dedicated teachers and staff. This is all in a Classical Christian model, where development of the whole person is key. We are so pleased with the school and its love of science, arts and God's beauty.
- Posted by Parent - sbh
Veritas is a perfect balance of great academics and excellent teaching in a truly Christ centered environment. Our children have thrived at this school both academically and spiritually.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
I am a teacher at Veritas Christian Academy. I love the warm, friendly Christian environment here at Veritas. The teachers truly care about their students, and their fellow coworkers. I am blessed and happy to be a teacher at Veritas.
- Posted by Teacher - Tracy
We love Veritas. The leadership, teachers, culture and overall atmosphere inspires excellence, dedication, team work and personal responsibility. It is a family environment where our daughter feels safe and connected.
- Posted by Parent - Helen
Academic excellence, incredible caring and well educated teachers, a campus that has great future plans. This school is going from strength to strength. Solid leadership. Consecutive Blue Ribbon qualification from the US Dept of Education and 65-75% of all middle school students have qualified for Duke Tip Talented and Gifted programs.
- Posted by Parent - LHS
Nestled in a lovely Bellaire neighborhood, Veritas has two kinds of families: those wanting rigorous academics who''d rather not sacrifice their Christian worldview, and those wanting a nurturing faith environment who end up delighted by how much kids learn. Taught using a classical model, our girls are mastering content in math, science, art, history, language. From the early memory work through middle school logic, our 7th grader already seems prepared for high school, (including sports.) Art, integrated with history, is a favorite with our 1st and 4th grader. No school is perfect, but my kids are loyal Rams.
- Posted by Parent - a_fai
We transferred to Veritas from another private school in the area, and we wish we had moved sooner. Veritas is the best combination of challenging academics and Christian foundation in the Houston area. The teachers are great! We love having a stellar fine arts program as well. Sports are continuing to grow and expand. We are a school on the grow!
- Posted by Parent - Lnybn
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?