Tel: (310) 645-6620
- Visitation School provides its students with a Catholic education in a Christ-centered and child-centered environment where Christ is the reason for its existence, the model of its faculty and the inspiration of its students.
- The purpose of Visitation School is to focus on the basic truth that the aim of Catholic education is the education of the whole child.
- The faculty believes that each child is endowed by God with special talents and gifts and that it is the duty of each educator to help the child discover and develop these gifts.
- In the school's Faith Community, many persons are working together: priests, parents, teachers, students and the entire parish community.
- It is recognized that parents must be acknowledged as the first and foremost educators of their children.
- The faculty, therefore, is in partnership with the parents, in the pursuit of the school's goal.
- The faculty adheres to the three-fold purpose of Catholic education by the teaching of doctrine, the building and experiencing of community and servicing others.
- The faculty believes that students must have instruction in this knowledge and be directed to contribute to the Faith Community, looking to Christ as the center of all that is of value in this life and in the next.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 147 students
5580 Thornburn St
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310) 670-1678 1.9 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 734 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 478-7189 3.3 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?