West Valley Middle School
- West Valley Middle School offers a rich educational experience to children emphasizing small class sizes and a hands-on approach to learning. Our school offers a variety of extracurricular activities within our regular program including Spanish, Dance, PE, daily electives, an all-inclusive sports program, and Life-Skill education. Students at West Valley Middle School have access to the latest in technology including Smart Boards, LCD projectors in each class, a laptop for every student, and Document Viewers.
- In addition, our school offer extended day programs from 6:30am-6pm and we are open for non-academic days.
- All students are warmly accepted and guided along their educational path throughout our program. Bullying and "slipping through the cracks" simply do not happen at our school due to our small, family like atmosphere. Students are held to high standards while enjoying school. As a result, our 8th grade graduates go on to schools such as Archbishop Mitty, St. Francis, Notre Dame, Bellermine, and many others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristen Jaquet|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Community Service, Girls on Track, Magic the Gathering Club, Science Bowl, Student Council
- School's History
- 1984 In September 1984, West Valley Middle School welcomed students from fifth to eighth grade. Many of these students have been involved in Action Day Nursery and/or Primary Plus for a number of years. The middle school curriculum focuses on the unique needs of children ten to fourteen years of age. The staff has worked carefully to develop a total program that will encourage maximum growth both emotionally and intellectually.1996 Seventh grade was added to the elementary school curriculum at the Amber Drive location. West Valley Middle School was reopened and includes sixth and seventh grade students.2003 West Valley Middle School moved to an expanded facility at the Phelan School site.
- Mission Statement
- At West Valley Middle School, we are committed to offering our families a high-quality, competitive education that offers a variety of educational experiences to prepare students for College Preparatory leaning. We are committed to selecting high-quality teachers whose education and teaching pedagogy reflect the Action Day Primary Plus/West Valley Middle School spirit and philosophy. At West Valley Middle School, each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs. We are confident that your child`s experience will be one that is both educational and empowering of the whole child. We look forward to sharing our passion for education with your family.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-K | 200 students
5200 Dent Ave
San Jose, CA 95118
(408)264-7333 5.1 PK-K
- San Jose Grades: NS-8
730 Camina Escuela
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)213-0083 0.6 NS-8
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.