Westminster Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (305) 233-2030
- Westminster has been serving the Pre-K 3 through 12th grade children of Christian families for over 55 years.
- Known for its excellence in academics, fine arts and athletics, Westminster delivers a solid college preparatory education from a distinctly Christian perspective.
- Westminster's diverse students are helped to live lives of responsible action as leaders at school and in the community.
- Westminster students enjoy their academic experience and make life-long friends.
Westminster Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools of Florida|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||GRASP Program|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1170|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates range from $10,750 for PreK 3 to $20,500 for High School.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,700|
|Admissions Director||Lisa North|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Fernandez|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Bible Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Language National Honor Society, French Club, Graphic Design Club, Homeless Ministry, Key Club, Literary Magazine, Math Honor Society, Math Olympics Team, Missions Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Pan Phile, Photography Club, Quiz Bowl, SADD, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, The Warrior (Newspaper), Thespian Society, Westminster Against the Cruelty of Animals, Yearbook
- Westminster's Preschool is developmental in concept and encourages children to learn through teacher-directed exploration. Classes are small and offer a variety of learning opportunities including music, computer training, Spanish and art.
- Elementary students learn the core subjects with their classroom teachers and their horizons are broadened through support classes in physical education, art, computer usage, Spanish, music, and a fantastic World Wonder science enrichment program. A reading lab and learning disability therapy are available to support the academic program.
- Westminster's Middle School uses theme-based units taught across all academic subjects and utilizes culminating activities for each unit to reinforce the topic studied. The Middle School offers three levels of instruction in academic subjects including honors level classes and, in some subject areas, smaller classes for students who need extra support. Students are offered a variety of elective courses to help them find their gifts and enjoy new experiences.
- High School students at Westminster are offered a challenging array of courses preparing them for eventual entrance into higher education. Our graduates are routinely accepted at the country's finest colleges and universities. Students may take College-prep level, Honors level or Advanced Placement level courses to fulfill their course requirements for graduation. High School students are encouraged to give back to the community by earning community-service credits, which are a requirement for graduation.
- All Westminster students, Preschool through High School, study Bible through age-appropriate curriculum material. Students at each level of the school attend weekly chapels which include music and presentations reinforcing God's Word.
- Students in Preschool through High School receive training in the visual and performing arts. Westminster considers training in the arts to be an essential part of a well-rounded education.
- Westminster students elect their own Student Councils in the Elementary, Middle and High Schools to organize events and provide leadership. Many clubs are available for students in Middle and High School including academic honors clubs, special interest clubs and service clubs. Elementary students may participate in an after-school club program that includes academic, sports, crafts and special interest clubs. A school-wide yearbook is published annually and includes all levels of the school, Preschool through High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: 9-12 | 873 students
3601 S Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33133
(305) 856-2334 9.4 9-12
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 907 students
5557 SW 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
(305) 667-5251 4.5 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 171 students
10301 Caribbean Blvd
Miami, FL 33189
(305) 251-1534 5.3 PK-8
Amazon School - Values and methodology - My daughter loves it!
- Posted by Parent - new parent
This school was one of the best decision I made, my daughter started on 7th grade, I couldn't be happier, they always make sure kids are very involved in all the activities in the school, I love how they get sent to Warrior week a week before school starts, for a full week to interact with each other, this school have been a blessing for me and my family.
- Posted by Parent - Angie Crespo
Westminster is an excellent school. My students have attended since preschool and are now in high school. They love the environment, the dedication and nurture they receive from the teachers, and the education they are receiving. The WCS community encourages students to thrive and develop their gifts, be it in athletics, fine arts, or in an specific academic area. The campus has the feel of a small college campus - there is a new science building, new elementary school building, and a new student activities center. Great place for your children to grow - both academically and in their faith!
- Posted by Parent - gioan
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.