White Bear Montessori
- White Bear Montessori strives to be a diverse community of families and staff dedicated to providing and supporting an environment that is faithful to the Montessori philosophy and fosters the development of children, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- In embracing diversity, we welcome a broad range of families and faculty from socio-economically, racially, and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Our community is inclusive of children, families, professionals, and all those actively in support of the school, in whatever manner.
- Our philosophy respects and embraces the natural unfolding of the child's personality.
- The prepared adult and environment enable this by faithfully putting into practice the principles espoused by Dr. Maria Montessori and the Association Montessori Internationale.
White Bear Montessori places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost varies per program. Please see www.wbms.org for further information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chemistry Club, Lego Club, Mad Science, Soccer Club, Yoga Club|
- A word about AMI: The Association Montessori Internationale is the most prestigious international organization dedicated to educating students in the Montessori method. WBMS is an "AMI-Recognized" school, which means that the AMI has certified that we faithfully practice the principles of Montessori education.
- A school tour and classroom observation are part of the application process. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
My two children have been going to White Bear Montessori since they were infants. They would rather come to WBMS than stay at home with me because they have so much fun with the unique learning materials that engage their natural curiosity and joy of learning. I encourage you to schedule a visit to come see for yourself. Their website is www.wbms.org .
- Posted by Parent - tif