- Al-Furqan Academy (AFA) is a private, non-profit, full-time Islamic school that is registered with the Florida Department of Education.
- Located in the heart of Jacksonville, Florida, we have over 210 students and offer classes from Pre-K to 10th Grade.
- AFA is currently accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council, the Florida Council of Independent Schools, the Council of Islamic Schools in North America, and AdvancED.
- In addition to offering Quran, Arabic, & Islamic studies, we also teach all core subjects such as Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies. Additionally, we teach enrichment subjects such as Art and Physical Education.
- We also offer a variety of electives, clubs, and extracurricular activities to ensure a rich and well rounded educational experience for our students!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.