American Heritage School of Boca/Delray
5.00 (14 reviews)
- American Heritage School of Boca/Delray is a nationally recognized college preparatory school with a strong commitment to academic excellence. All students in grades PK3 through 12 uphold the highest standards of knowledge, integrity, and compassion as they receive a rigorous and well-rounded education with superior programs in academics, the arts, and athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||American Academy|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||269 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Mandarin Chinese, Physics C, Physics I, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, World History,|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki shorts/pants or skirts and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,851|
|Tuition Notes||monthly payments available|
|Admissions Director||Harold Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Gray|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- The students at American Heritage School are uniquely prepared to be leaders of the 21st Century who embody knowledge, integrity and compassion. Each year, students attend prestigious competitions and earn exceptional awards. Here are some of the recent achievements of our students:
- Number one high school in Palm Beach County for highest number of National Merit Scholars
- $20 million in college scholarships offered to the Class of 2018
- 90% passing rate on all Advanced Placement exams (53% passing rate in the state of Florida; 61% passing rate globally); AP average test score: 4.0
- #1 school in Palm Beach County for U.S. Presidential Scholar Semifinalists
- #1 math team in Palm Beach County and #2 private school in the U.S. in math competition
- Finalists at the 2018 Robotics World Championship
- Top debaters in the nation in Speech & Debate competition
- #1 Moot Court team in Florida; #1 Mock Trial team in Palm Beach County and #3 Mock Trial team in Florida
- 20 trophies earned by French language students at the Congres de la Culture Francaise
- 1st Class with Marks of Distinction for The Stallion Sentinel newspaper and Perspectives literary and art magazine from the National Scholastic Press Association
- 6 National Awards for 909 Live Broadcast News Channel at the Student Television Network national competition
- State Critics' Choice and 7 Regional Critics` Choice awards in one-act plays and set design
- #1 in the U.S. at National Dance Competition for five consecutive years
- 27 Superior ratings in vocal, band, orchestra, guitar and ensemble competitions
- 1 National Gold Key, 6 National Silver Keys, 13 Gold Keys, 14 Silver Keys from Scholastic Art award winners
- 3 State Finals; 6 Regional and 5 District Championships in athletics
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boca Raton Grades: PK-12 | 1264 students
3900 Jog Road
Boca Raton, FL 33434
(561)210-2020 3.8 PK-12
- North Palm Beach Grades: NS-12 | 1081 students
11000 Ellison Wilson Road
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
(561)472-3451 28.1 NS-12
- Boca Raton Grades: NS-12 | 282 students
336 NW Spanish River Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561)416-9737 5.2 NS-12
- Boca Raton Grades: PK-8 | 894 students
2700 Saint Andrews Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33434
(561)852-2800 3.5 PK-8
- Boca Raton Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
4001 N Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561)314-2100 3.6 9-12
Our experience with American Heritage has been great! My daughter has loved her time there. The teachers are all so engaging, caring, helpful. The College Guidance Counselors are top notch and have been instrumental in our college applications.
- Posted by Parent - high school parent
This is our second year at AHS and we could not be happier! I have both a middle-schooler and a high-schooler, and am pleased with everything about the school - the rigor of the academics, the unity of the student body, and the compassion of the teachers. The administration, teachers, and coaches genuinely care and listen to our concerns as parents. Most importantly, I feel confident that American Heritage is a safe campus and that my kids will be prepared for college while also getting to truly enjoy their middle and high school years.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
We love AHS. This school has provided my two little ones with a beautiful, rigorous, warm environment to grow. I could not be more pleased with their teachers or the facilities on this beautiful campus.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
American Heritage is a wonderful place to work. I really enjoy going to work and feel lucky with all that American Heritage provides me with to do my job the best.
- Posted by Teacher - 111
Absolutely love this school! We have had 2 children go through the middle school and could not be happier. The Head of the Middle School personable and professional and is quick to respond to any questions or concerns! All the teachers have been amazing in taking the time to know my kids and what style of learning works for them.
- Posted by Parent - SG
My son is in the 5th grade and this is his first year at Heritage. He loves his teachers, the extracurriculars offered, and the kids he's made friends with. What more could a parent ask for? This school has so much to offer, and I'm excited to see what the next 7 years bring!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Our experience at Heritage over the past three years has been sensational. Having 2 children in the lower school, we have experienced grades Pre-K through 4th grade. Each year has delivered unbelievable academic, social, and emotional growth to both my son and daughter. Each of their teachers has gone out of their way to accommodate and enrich them way beyond the curriculum in all subject areas which has made all the difference. My kids have accomplished academic goals specifically in reading, math, and science I did not think possible. The family-like environment that starts with the administration and flows throughout the school is so completely unique. I am so grateful that a school like this exists.
- Posted by Parent - triplejmom1072
We love American Heritage! It makes me so happy that my children spend their day at such a beautiful school. In addition the the top-notch facilities, the curriculum is challenging. Both of my children are in lower school and they adore their teachers. There is nothing more important than that feeling of safety/security when you drop your child off at school. American Heritage provides that feeling.
- Posted by Parent - happyparent
AHS has been an amazing experience for all 3 of my children. Wonderful, family friendly, supportive atmosphere. Beautiful campus. Diverse student body and caring teachers. Academic rigor with an emphasis on the well-being and best interest of each student.
- Posted by Parent - S.FL Mom
My husband, son, and myself couldn't be happier with American Heritage. The administration and faculty are extremely helpful and caring.
- Posted by Parent - JB
Wonderful lower school- caring teachers and admin. My kids couldn't be happier or better educated.
- Posted by Parent - JG
I am blessed to be part of such an incredible school. My children have been in AHS since they were three years old and now they are in various grades throughout the school and their experience has been amazing. Each child was taught using their strengths. My children have grown academically in ways that truly only bring extreme happiness to my husband and me. The academics are top notch and the school delivers the best well-rounded education to all students. The children love going to school and as a parent to see their smiling faces and eager attitudes toward school make the difference. We are so happy to be part of the AHS experience.
- Posted by Parent - PROUD PARENT
American Heritage of Boca Delray has the best of everything. Our experience there has been a positive one for the last 11 years. The academics, the teachers, the community, the campus are all top notch. We love this school and all that it represents!
- Posted by Parent - AHS Parent
I love this school - I love this environment and I love what this school has to offer. If I had more children I would send them here. I am so grateful to all of the teachers and the administration. Thank you for making this a great place.
- Posted by Parent - Mother of a high school student
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.