American Heritage School of Boca/Delray
5.00 (21 reviews)
- American Heritage School of Boca/Delray is a nationally recognized college preparatory school with a strong commitment to academic excellence. All students in grades PK3 through 12 uphold the highest standards of knowledge, integrity, and compassion as they receive a rigorous and well-rounded education with superior programs in academics, the arts, and athletics.
American Heritage School of Boca/Delray places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||American Academy|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||269 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Mandarin Chinese, Physics C, Physics I, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, World History,|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki shorts/pants or skirts and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,851|
|Tuition Notes||monthly payments available|
|Admissions Director||Harold Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Nylka Rivera|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- The students at American Heritage School are uniquely prepared to be leaders of the 21st Century who embody knowledge, integrity and compassion. Each year, students attend prestigious competitions and earn exceptional awards. Here are some of the recent achievements of our students:
- Number one high school in Palm Beach County for highest number of National Merit Scholars
- $20 million in college scholarships offered to the Class of 2018
- 90% passing rate on all Advanced Placement exams (53% passing rate in the state of Florida; 61% passing rate globally); AP average test score: 4.0
- #1 school in Palm Beach County for U.S. Presidential Scholar Semifinalists
- #1 math team in Palm Beach County and #2 private school in the U.S. in math competition
- Finalists at the 2018 Robotics World Championship
- Top debaters in the nation in Speech & Debate competition
- #1 Moot Court team in Florida; #1 Mock Trial team in Palm Beach County and #3 Mock Trial team in Florida
- 20 trophies earned by French language students at the Congres de la Culture Francaise
- 1st Class with Marks of Distinction for The Stallion Sentinel newspaper and Perspectives literary and art magazine from the National Scholastic Press Association
- 6 National Awards for 909 Live Broadcast News Channel at the Student Television Network national competition
- State Critics' Choice and 7 Regional Critics` Choice awards in one-act plays and set design
- #1 in the U.S. at National Dance Competition for five consecutive years
- 27 Superior ratings in vocal, band, orchestra, guitar and ensemble competitions
- 1 National Gold Key, 6 National Silver Keys, 13 Gold Keys, 14 Silver Keys from Scholastic Art award winners
- 3 State Finals; 6 Regional and 5 District Championships in athletics
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Delray Beach Grades: PK-8 | 257 students
3600 Gulfstream Road
Delray Beach, FL 33483
(561)276-5225 6.8 PK-8
My daughter really enjoys going to school everyday. She loves her teachers and I couldn`t be happier with them.
- Posted by Parent - Mother of a PreK student.
My daughter graduated from AHS and is now thriving at a top college in the NE. So glad we chose this option for her- it was a sacrifice but worth every penny and the faculty and admins are superb!
- Posted by Parent - Angelica
This school has been amazing for my daughter. She started 9th grade this year. The curriculum is rigorous in the honors classes. The student needs to be ready to study as the tests are graded as a large percentage.There are many opportunities to seek out what the child loves and will be good at. Tons of options in terms of sciences, arts, languages etc. The students are also placed according to their skill. One thing I love is the administration and deans. The students do not get away with anything and that is great for the teachers and students.
- Posted by Parent - Knight
Our son who recently graduated and our daughter who will enter her sophomore year in the fall at AHS have excelled in all academic areas, clubs and organizations, and sports. The learning environment allows each student to create their own personal journey that allows for success in and out of the classroom. The teachers provide a rigorous environment to prepare them for college. I can`t imagine any other educational institution that would be a better fit for both our children.
- Posted by Parent - Father of high school student
I have theee children at AHS, all in elementary. This school has been a fantastic fit, and I am so pleased to see my kids grow both personally and academically. The teachers are wonderful and communicate consistently with parents. The curriculum is rigorous but filled with fun ways to keep the kids learning. Overall, very pleased with the experience here.
- Posted by Parent - MegS
My family and I have been highly impressed with our overall experience at AH. Every person we have come into with is helpful and polite. My son loves his classes and has been able to seek leadership positions in the clubs he partakes in. He loves his new school.
- Posted by Parent - Jaime Bricker
We discovered this school when my oldest son was in second grade. He has learning challenges and we tried quite a few schools before coming to A.H. Before this school my son cried everyday and felt horrible about himself. Now, he is learning and happy and wants to go to school everyday. He is now in sixth grade and still happy!!!! I also have a 1st grader and he is also thriving. Zero tolerance for bullies and the teachers and staff are dedicated and trustworthy. They work hard and will work with you as well in order to help your children succeed.
- Posted by Parent - T. Lips
This school is a family for us. My children range from second to tenth grades and we have experienced many amazing things at American Heritage ranging from drama to sports to challenging academic programs. They are all thriving here with the amazing teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Mother of three students
Our experience with American Heritage has been great! My daughter has loved her time there. The teachers are all so engaging, caring, helpful. The College Guidance Counselors are top notch and have been instrumental in our college applications.
- Posted by Parent - high school parent
This is our second year at AHS and we could not be happier! I have both a middle-schooler and a high-schooler, and am pleased with everything about the school - the rigor of the academics, the unity of the student body, and the compassion of the teachers. The administration, teachers, and coaches genuinely care and listen to our concerns as parents. Most importantly, I feel confident that American Heritage is a safe campus and that my kids will be prepared for college while also getting to truly enjoy their middle and high school years.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
We love AHS. This school has provided my two little ones with a beautiful, rigorous, warm environment to grow. I could not be more pleased with their teachers or the facilities on this beautiful campus.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
American Heritage is a wonderful place to work. I really enjoy going to work and feel lucky with all that American Heritage provides me with to do my job the best.
- Posted by Teacher - 111
Absolutely love this school! We have had 2 children go through the middle school and could not be happier. The Head of the Middle School personable and professional and is quick to respond to any questions or concerns! All the teachers have been amazing in taking the time to know my kids and what style of learning works for them.
- Posted by Parent - SG
Our experience at Heritage over the past three years has been sensational. Having 2 children in the lower school, we have experienced grades Pre-K through 4th grade. Each year has delivered unbelievable academic, social, and emotional growth to both my son and daughter. Each of their teachers has gone out of their way to accommodate and enrich them way beyond the curriculum in all subject areas which has made all the difference. My kids have accomplished academic goals specifically in reading, math, and science I did not think possible. The family-like environment that starts with the administration and flows throughout the school is so completely unique. I am so grateful that a school like this exists.
- Posted by Parent - triplejmom1072
We love American Heritage! It makes me so happy that my children spend their day at such a beautiful school. In addition the the top-notch facilities, the curriculum is challenging. Both of my children are in lower school and they adore their teachers. There is nothing more important than that feeling of safety/security when you drop your child off at school. American Heritage provides that feeling.
- Posted by Parent - happyparent
AHS has been an amazing experience for all 3 of my children. Wonderful, family friendly, supportive atmosphere. Beautiful campus. Diverse student body and caring teachers. Academic rigor with an emphasis on the well-being and best interest of each student.
- Posted by Parent - S.FL Mom
My husband, son, and myself couldn't be happier with American Heritage. The administration and faculty are extremely helpful and caring.
- Posted by Parent - JB
Wonderful lower school- caring teachers and admin. My kids couldn't be happier or better educated.
- Posted by Parent - JG
I am blessed to be part of such an incredible school. My children have been in AHS since they were three years old and now they are in various grades throughout the school and their experience has been amazing. Each child was taught using their strengths. My children have grown academically in ways that truly only bring extreme happiness to my husband and me. The academics are top notch and the school delivers the best well-rounded education to all students. The children love going to school and as a parent to see their smiling faces and eager attitudes toward school make the difference. We are so happy to be part of the AHS experience.
- Posted by Parent - PROUD PARENT
American Heritage of Boca Delray has the best of everything. Our experience there has been a positive one for the last 11 years. The academics, the teachers, the community, the campus are all top notch. We love this school and all that it represents!
- Posted by Parent - AHS Parent
I love this school - I love this environment and I love what this school has to offer. If I had more children I would send them here. I am so grateful to all of the teachers and the administration. Thank you for making this a great place.
- Posted by Parent - Mother of a high school student
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.