5.00 (2 reviews)
- Arbor Schools, Toddler-Primary-Elementary, is dedicated to allowing each of its students to develop his or her self.
- In the tradition of Maria Montessori we believe that each child possesses an intense motivation toward self-development.
- Arbor`s goal is to establish models to guide the children successfully in this endeavor.
- At Arbor we encourage self-motivation and independent learning so children will solve problems, define what is important to them, use their time constructively, assume responsibilities, and continue to learn and grow.
- We strive to develop a positive and realistic attitude of respect toward self, others and learning.
- We believe children should have a life that satisfies them and uses their resources, while benefiting themselves and others.
- We have long term goals in mind when we work with children.
- We want them to become unique individuals, who can think logically, have a good self-image and be capable of reaching beyond their needs to those of others.
- We believe that these characteristics will be more valuable to them as adults than will some of the standard achievements, such as, excellence in handwriting, or speed in computation.
- Accordingly, our curriculum is designed with this in mind.
Arbor Schools places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Extreme PE, Music, SkyHawks Sports|
- Arbor Montessori School offers an education that is child-centered with child-driven educational practices that allow children to discover the breadth and depth of their own knowledge. This gives them the freedom to become the competent, happy, successful people they dream they can be.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-9 | 643 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)649-0791 5.5 PK-9
- Sammamish Grades: NS-3 | 147 students
21512 NE 16th Street
Sammamish, WA 98074
(425)868-1943 1.8 NS-3
- Bellevue Grades: 1-8 | 24 students
16231 Ne 6th St
Bellevue, WA 98008
(425)746-4212 4.2 1-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-6 | 78 students
625 140th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98005
(425)746-3258 5.6 PK-6
Excellent Start to Your Child's Educational Life. My son, now at Harvard, attended the Arbor preschool. He entered public school with an absolute love for learning and discovery that has never gone away.
- Posted by Parent - karen
Amazing program with wonderful faculty and staff. Very caring environment with a true Montessori experience.
- Posted by Parent - obriz
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.