Awakening Seed School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1977, Awakening Seed School is an innovative, compassionate learning community that inspires global citizens by fostering curiosity, celebrating uniqueness, and promoting social justice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language-based, mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies according to age, days attending|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Glover|
- Offering quality private education since 1977, the Seed is an inclusive community that promotes kindness toward others and the planet. We use the emergent curriculum model with an emphasis on creativity, higher level thinking and innovation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: K-12 | 284 students
6210 S 28th St
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(602)243-6909 1.8 K-12
- Chandler Grades: PK-K | 115 students
6400 W Del Rio St
Chandler, AZ 85226
(480)899-2980 5 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: 2-12 | 26 students
5430 W Glenn Dr
Glendale, AZ 85301
(623)915-0345 15.3 2-12
My three children attended Awakening Seed School from pre-school until they "aged out". The faculty and staff treated our whole family with kindness and respect. The children got a solid educational foundation from teachers who encouraged their creativity and curiousity. Every classroom has its own outdoor/garden area, and there is a big grassy yard with plenty of room for everybody to run and play. The Seed is more than a school -- it is a wonderful community.
- Posted by Parent - alixs
The school provides excellent well-balanced education in a safe compassionate environment. There is a real sense of community that translates to life long friendships for both the students & parents.
- Posted by Parent - victo
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.