Awakening Seed School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1977, Awakening Seed School is an innovative, compassionate learning community that inspires global citizens by fostering curiosity, celebrating uniqueness, and promoting social justice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language-based, mild learning differences|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies according to age, days attending|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Glover|
- Offering quality private education since 1977, the Seed is an inclusive community that promotes kindness toward others and the planet. We use the emergent curriculum model with an emphasis on creativity, higher level thinking and innovation.
Profile last updated: 01/28/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhoenixGrades: K-5 | 52 students
6210 S 28th St
Phoenix, AZ 85040
- GlendaleGrades: PK | 43 students
5430 W Glenn Dr
Glendale, AZ 85301
- PhoenixGrades: PK-8 | 350 students
4515 East Muirwood Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85048
- ChandlerGrades: PK-KG | 115 students
6400 W Del Rio St
Chandler, AZ 85226
My three children attended Awakening Seed School from pre-school until they "aged out". The faculty and staff treated our whole family with kindness and respect. The children got a solid educational foundation from teachers who encouraged their creativity and curiousity. Every classroom has its own outdoor/garden area, and there is a big grassy yard with plenty of room for everybody to run and play. The Seed is more than a school -- it is a wonderful community.
- Posted by Parent - alixs
The school provides excellent well-balanced education in a safe compassionate environment. There is a real sense of community that translates to life long friendships for both the students & parents.
- Posted by Parent - victo
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.