5.00 (1 review)
- Broomfield Academy provides an individualized education for exceptional, accelerated and creative students.
- An individualized student learning plan is developed for each student by the classroom teacher and guides the student in math, reading and writing.
- It includes learning goals and strategies. The plan involves the parent, child and teacher in goal-setting.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted programs, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki, navy skirts or pants; polos of most solid colors)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,320|
|Tuition Notes||Sibling discounts and early payment discounts available. See website for information on tuition assistance program.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anica McFarlane|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Rajala|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, SwimmingDance, Swimming,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chinese Club, Numerous, see website|
- Thank you for your interest in Broomfield Academy. For additional information (i.e., our students swim each week in our on-site swimming pool), please review our website. However, the clearest way to understand what Broomfield Academy will be able to provide for your family is to contact us to schedule a visit. We understand you have choices of schools, many that have "bells and whistles" you won't see at Broomfield Academy. What you will see and feel at BA is a team of educators who place the needs of their students first, through a focus on individual development of skills, cultivation of interests, and the discovery of talents. We celebrate the successes of our students! We also highlight core values, service projects, and overall respect for a community that is beyond our school, city, state, and country. We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to Broomfield Academy, a unique school, filled with warmth and opportunities to guide and support the confidence of our students as they become the best they can be.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BroomfieldGrades: 5-8
11777 Sheridan Blvd
Broomfield, CO 80020
- DenverGrades: PK-8 | 136 students
2341 E 78th Ave
Denver, CO 80229
- DenverGrades: 1-12 | 756 students
4400 E Iliff Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
- WestminsterGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
3050 W 76th Ave
Westminster, CO 80030
- BoulderGrades: K-6 | 163 students
3900 Orange Ct
Boulder, CO 80304
If anyone is looking for a place for their kids to take swim lessons I highly recommend Broomfield Academy! My boys have had three lessons so far this summer and have learned more already than they have in the previous two summers combined. Elizabeth has worked with each of them at their own level (one loves water and the other not at all), and has been extremely flexible to allow us to schedule lessons at times and days that work for us, not on a set schedule. Amazingly I am only paying $5 more than I was for semi private lessons at the rec center. I can't recommend Broomfield Academy highly enough for swim lessons!
- Posted by Parent - krist
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.