Children's House Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Preschool graduates leave CHMS with a strong academic foundation in reading, writing, math, geography, science, art, music, and practical life skills.
Our preschool students are immersed in countless socialization opportunities for personal, physical and social growth.
Students learn to master grace and courtesy lessons. These skills help our children learn to listen and be respectful of others, so they can develop into well-rounded citizens.
Our Montessori Toddler environment is an amazing opportunity to begin your child's educational journey. Our toddlers enjoy their day in a peaceful and gentle Montessori environment.
Each child practices how to be safe and show grace and courtesy, while developing his/her art, music, fine and gross motor skills.
Academically, our toddlers focus to improve his/her math skills, phonics skills, and spoken language through socialization. These areas of development are the centerpiece for our Montessori environment.
Our summer camps focus to create a relaxing and fun atmosphere. Even though Montessori lessons are still incorporated into the daily schedule, children are given more freedom to discover and engage with new subject matters on their own.
- At Children's House Montessori School, our mission is to provide a high-quality education in a safe, supportive environment while honoring the individual talents of each child
- CHMS serves children from two to six years of age (Toddlers: 24 months old to 33 months old) (Preschoolers: 3 years old to 6 years old)
- Part-day or full-day programs are available for toddlers and preschoolers
- Children learn at their own pace through the five main subject areas in the Montessori curriculum: Practical Life, Sensorial, Math, Language, Geography
- In addition to the Montessori curriculum, children learn and practice lessons in science, nature studies, art, music, cooking, and grace and courtesy
- The Enrichment Program allows parents to pick up their child(ren) between 3:15 P.M. - 5:45 P.M. During this time, children enjoy periods of art, gross motor exercises, music, and storytelling activities
- During the Summer Camp Program, each classroom focuses on a central subject theme, however Montessori lessons are still incorporated into the daily schedule
- At CHMS, teachers create Maria Montessori's "prepared environment", which allows each child to cultivate a love of learning to succeed at his/her own pace
- The CHMS staff is highly-trained and the majority of teachers have taught at CHMS for at least 15 years
- CHMS is licensed by Arlington County and the Commonwealth of Virginia and is a full member of the American Montessori Society
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Denise Touma|
- Please visit http://www.montessoriofarlington.com/our-programs/ to learn about our toddler, preschool and summer programs.
- Admission Steps: http://www.montessoriofarlington.com/admissions/
- Current Tuition: http://www.montessoriofarlington.com/tuition/
- Fill out our Inquiry Form and a member of our admissions team will contact you. http://www.montessoriofarlington.com/contact-us/
I am a former employee from Children's House Montessori and I highly recommend it. I absolutely loved the 2.5 years I worked at CHMS. The emphasis on the Montessori method can be an adjustment for families who are unfamiliar, but you will find that the children thrive in the environment. The classrooms are warm and inviting. I worked closely with a majority of the educators are loved their enthusiasm and creative ideas. If you visit the school, you will notice the hallways are covered in their work assignments are decorative art works. The next thing you will notice is how quiet the school is. Other than an occasional upset child, the classrooms are fairly quiet. The children are engaged with their individual work. When I first visited CHMS for my interview, I was impressed by how quiet and thoughtful the children behaved. The daily schedule is accommodating to working families. There is early morning care and after school care available. Primarily, I worked in the after school care program. Every day, we offered a variety of activities such as: dance, art, music, structured play and games. Every week, each student would bring home a pile of art work from their activities. The after school program at CHMS is unique from others because the teacher to student ratios surpass the minimum requirement. there are lots of opportunities for small group activities and projects and the children have a chance to relax and become comfortable with the staff, their friends and their environment. I really enjoyed the fun, engaging program. I cannot praise CHMS without giving credit to the Director, Denise. She is considerate and professional. At the beginning of every school year, she and her husband coordinate a huge school cookout at a local park. It is the first time of the year to connect with the families and staff. Every year, there is too much food and lots of fun! If staff or parents have a question or concern, Denise is only an email away. She always was available to schedule a quick meeting. I never felt left in the dark because there was such an understanding of open communication. Denise's efforts make CHMS a home away from home for the children and I know the parents appreciate it. I must add, I left CHMS because I relocated out of state. CHMS is like a little family and I would gladly return if I move back to Virginia.
- Posted by Teacher - afsha
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.