- Children's House Montessori School is a Montessori preschoolserving children from 2 to 6 years of age.
- It has a Toddler program for children 24 months to 33 months aswell as a Preschool program serving children from 3 - 6 years ofage.
- It is licensed by Arlington County and the Commonwealth ofVirginia and is a full member of the American MontessoriSociety.
- CHMS offers both academic-year and summer-camp programs. The academic-year program provides a progressive Montessoricurriculum and special enrichment activities during morningclasses, followed by an enrichment program during theafternoons.
- The enrichment program features art, gross motor activities,music, recreation, and storytelling.
- The summer program incorporates daily Montessori lessons aswell as thematic sessions such as art, music, cooking, and naturestudies.
- The staff is comprised of highly-trained professionals whooffer a caring, nurturing environment for your child.
- The school's mission is to create the prepared environment andcultivate a love of learning.
- CHMS nurtures each child's love of learning; respects eachchild's individual development; and encourages each child toundertake with confidence that which inspires him/her.
- CHMS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,national or ethnic origin, gender, or political beliefs.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $12,500 to $25,000 depending on age and dismissal time.|
|Admissions Director||Denise Touma|
- Go to http://www.montessoriofarlington.com for more information on Children's House Montessori School.
I am a former employee from Children's House Montessori and I highly recommend it. I absolutely loved the 2.5 years I worked at CHMS. The emphasis on the Montessori method can be an adjustment for families who are unfamiliar, but you will find that the children thrive in the environment. The classrooms are warm and inviting. I worked closely with a majority of the educators are loved their enthusiasm and creative ideas. If you visit the school, you will notice the hallways are covered in their work assignments are decorative art works. The next thing you will notice is how quiet the school is. Other than an occasional upset child, the classrooms are fairly quiet. The children are engaged with their individual work. When I first visited CHMS for my interview, I was impressed by how quiet and thoughtful the children behaved. The daily schedule is accommodating to working families. There is early morning care and after school care available. Primarily, I worked in the after school care program. Every day, we offered a variety of activities such as: dance, art, music, structured play and games. Every week, each student would bring home a pile of art work from their activities. The after school program at CHMS is unique from others because the teacher to student ratios surpass the minimum requirement. there are lots of opportunities for small group activities and projects and the children have a chance to relax and become comfortable with the staff, their friends and their environment. I really enjoyed the fun, engaging program. I cannot praise CHMS without giving credit to the Director, Denise. She is considerate and professional. At the beginning of every school year, she and her husband coordinate a huge school cookout at a local park. It is the first time of the year to connect with the families and staff. Every year, there is too much food and lots of fun! If staff or parents have a question or concern, Denise is only an email away. She always was available to schedule a quick meeting. I never felt left in the dark because there was such an understanding of open communication. Denise's efforts make CHMS a home away from home for the children and I know the parents appreciate it. I must add, I left CHMS because I relocated out of state. CHMS is like a little family and I would gladly return if I move back to Virginia.
- Posted by Teacher - afsha
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.