Christ Lutheran School
Tel: (619) 462-5211
- Christ Lutheran School is a place of excellence. Christ Lutheran School has been a part of the La Mesa community for 58 years.
- In 2009 Christ Lutheran School moved into a beautiful, brand-new school facility.
- Students at Christ Lutheran School are challenged to grow in their academic pursuits.
- We encourage this through a rigorous academic program and by holding students accountable.
- By equipping students with organizational and problem-solving skills, we prepare them for future academic success.
- Come and discover the spirit that defines us! Arrange for a visit and tour today.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,435|
|Tuition Notes||Christ Lutheran Church member and sibling discounts available. Different tuition scale for preschool, kindergarten and upper grades.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristy Furrow|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Handbell Choir, Private Music Lessons, Voice Choir
- Christ Lutheran School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA). All of the full-time teaching staff at Christ Lutheran School hold bachelor's degrees and credentials in education and 75% of our teaching staff hold master's degrees. Our teachers are synodically trained, called workers of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Mesa Grades: 1-12 | 58 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619) 583-6762 1 1-12
- El Cajon Grades: PK-K | 29 students
867 S Lincoln Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 444-0559 4.5 PK-K
- Imperial Beach Grades: PK-K | 26 students
866 Imperial Beach Blvd
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
(619) 423-8648 14 PK-K
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?