Christ Lutheran School
- Christ Lutheran School is a place of excellence. Christ Lutheran School has been a part of the La Mesa community for 58 years.
- In 2009 Christ Lutheran School moved into a beautiful, brand-new school facility.
- Students at Christ Lutheran School are challenged to grow in their academic pursuits.
- We encourage this through a rigorous academic program and by holding students accountable.
- By equipping students with organizational and problem-solving skills, we prepare them for future academic success.
- Come and discover the spirit that defines us! Arrange for a visit and tour today.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,080|
|Tuition Notes||Christ Lutheran Church member and sibling discounts available. Different tuition scale for preschool, kindergarten and upper grades.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Linda Turner|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Handbell Choir, Private Music Lessons, Voice Choir
- Christ Lutheran School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA). All of the full-time teaching staff at Christ Lutheran School hold bachelor's degrees and credentials in education and 75% of our teaching staff hold master's degrees. Our teachers are synodically trained, called workers of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Mesa Grades: K-12 | 52 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619)583-6762 1 K-12
- El Cajon Grades: PK-K | 29 students
867 S Lincoln Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619)444-0559 4.5 PK-K
- Imperial Beach Grades: PK-K | 26 students
866 Imperial Beach Blvd
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
(619)423-8648 14 PK-K
Identifying or evaluating private schools is the second part of the private school search process.
Sooner or later you ought to consider a single-sex school as opposed to a traditional coeducational school. Why? For several reasons.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.