Christ Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
- Christ Lutheran School has been serving children and their families since the inception of the Preschool in 1964.
- The Elementary School opened its doors in 1980. Christ Lutheran has a beautiful modern campus in Brea with one mission in mind - To provide an excellent education firmly grounded in Christ.
- Located on Imperial Highway in Brea, serves children in Preschool through 8th grade. Smaller class sizes and a full-day Kindergarten program are part of what makes CLS unique. CLS is accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges and the National Lutheran Schools Accreditation.
- CLS is owned and operated by the congregation of Christ Lutheran Church, a member of the Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
- Christ Lutheran School meets or exceeds the California State Standards for each grade level.
- Test scores from our students are consistently high in all subjects.
- In addition to the cores subjects, the curriculum offered at CLS includes art, music, physical education and Spanish (foreign language instruction begins at 6th grade). Students also have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports', band, choir and hand bells.
Christ Lutheran School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full RSP|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts, Band, Speech/Writing, Student Council|
- Top 5 Reasons to attend CLS
- Academic Excellence Our Standardized Test scores are outstanding! We are very proud of our students and graduates who have earned top honors at the premier local high schools. Iowa Testing Program-Norm-Referenced Testing Program The Iowa Testing Program is the longest running statewide testing program in the country. This unique program is a voluntary cooperative program that includes administering The Iowa Tests to students in grades K12. The program is provided as a service to Iowa schools by the College of Education of The University of Iowa and is supported by Riverside Publishing on Nation Wide Basis. The emphasis in the program has been on the use of The Iowa Tests for instructional purposes. Riverside produces test materials and distributes them to The University of Iowa and manages the processing, scoring, and reporting of test results.
- Well Rounded Education We offer computer and specialized art instruction to all elementary students and intramural sports programs for 5th-8th graders. We are also proud to bring you our annual Spring Musical.
- Excellent Enthusiastic Teachers We have credentialed teachers, many with Masters Degrees, who are involved in current teaching methods and love children. Our teachers are eager to have the opportunity to tell children about Jesus.
- Great Families Our families also have a desire to have their children in a caring environment, surrounded with support and love. The result is much fewer discipline issues because of our excellent teaming with families.
- Love of Jesus! We promise that your children will hear every day that Jesus loves them! In a world that focuses on immediate gratification, your children will hear the story of the One who gave His life for us all.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fullerton Grades: PK-8 | 313 students
1320 N Acacia Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714)871-2829 2.4 PK-8
Excellent academic programs, small class sizes. School has a very family like atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - wedbu
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?