Christ Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
- Christ Lutheran School has been serving children and their families since the inception of the Preschool in 1964.
- The Elementary School opened its doors in 1980. Christ Lutheran has a beautiful modern campus in Brea with one mission in mind - To provide an excellent education firmly grounded in Christ.
- Located on Imperial Highway in Brea, serves children in Preschool through 8th grade. Smaller class sizes and a full-day Kindergarten program are part of what makes CLS unique. CLS is accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges and the National Lutheran Schools Accreditation.
- CLS is owned and operated by the congregation of Christ Lutheran Church, a member of the Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
- Christ Lutheran School meets or exceeds the California State Standards for each grade level.
- Test scores from our students are consistently high in all subjects.
- In addition to the cores subjects, the curriculum offered at CLS includes art, music, physical education and Spanish (foreign language instruction begins at 6th grade). Students also have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports', band, choir and hand bells.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full RSP|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts, Band, Speech/Writing, Student Council Arts, Band, Speech/Writing, Student Council,|
- Top 5 Reasons to attend CLS
- Academic Excellence Our Standardized Test scores are outstanding! We are very proud of our students and graduates who have earned top honors at the premier local high schools. Iowa Testing Program-Norm-Referenced Testing Program The Iowa Testing Program is the longest running statewide testing program in the country. This unique program is a voluntary cooperative program that includes administering The Iowa Tests to students in grades K12. The program is provided as a service to Iowa schools by the College of Education of The University of Iowa and is supported by Riverside Publishing on Nation Wide Basis. The emphasis in the program has been on the use of The Iowa Tests for instructional purposes. Riverside produces test materials and distributes them to The University of Iowa and manages the processing, scoring, and reporting of test results.
- Well Rounded Education We offer computer and specialized art instruction to all elementary students and intramural sports programs for 5th-8th graders. We are also proud to bring you our annual Spring Musical.
- Excellent Enthusiastic Teachers We have credentialed teachers, many with Masters Degrees, who are involved in current teaching methods and love children. Our teachers are eager to have the opportunity to tell children about Jesus.
- Great Families Our families also have a desire to have their children in a caring environment, surrounded with support and love. The result is much fewer discipline issues because of our excellent teaming with families.
- Love of Jesus! We promise that your children will hear every day that Jesus loves them! In a world that focuses on immediate gratification, your children will hear the story of the One who gave His life for us all.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FullertonGrades: PK-8 | 305 students
1320 N Acacia Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831
- Yorba LindaGrades: PK-8 | 252 students
5401 Fairmont Blvd
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- OrangeGrades: NS-8 | 704 students
901 E Heim Avenue
Orange, CA 92865
- FullertonGrades: NS-12 | 403 students
1701 W Valencia Dr
Fullerton, CA 92833
- Yorba LindaGrades: K-8 | 742 students
16971 Imperial Hwy
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Excellent academic programs, small class sizes. School has a very family like atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - wedbu
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.