Christ Lutheran School
Christ Lutheran School has been serving children and their families since the inception of the Preschool in 1964.
The Elementary School opened its doors in 1980. Christ Lutheran has a beautiful modern campus in Brea with one mission in mind - To provide an excellent education firmly grounded in Christ.
Located on Imperial Highway in Brea, serves children in Preschool through 8th grade. Smaller class sizes and a full-day Kindergarten program are part of what makes CLS unique. CLS is accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges and the National Lutheran Schools Accreditation.
CLS is owned and operated by the congregation of Christ Lutheran Church, a member of the Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
Christ Lutheran School meets or exceeds the California State Standards for each grade level.
Test scores from our students are consistently high in all subjects.
In addition to the cores subjects, the curriculum offered at CLS includes art, music, physical education and Spanish (foreign language instruction begins at 6th grade). Students also have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports', band, choir and hand bells.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 220 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,000
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Christ Lutheran School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Financial Aid available
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts, Band, Speech/Writing, Student Council
- Top 5 Reasons to attend CLS
- Academic Excellence Our Standardized Test scores are outstanding! We are very proud of our students and graduates who have earned top honors at the premier local high schools. Iowa Testing Program-Norm-Referenced Testing Program The Iowa Testing Program is the longest running statewide testing program in the country. This unique program is a voluntary cooperative program that includes administering The Iowa Tests to students in grades K12. The program is provided as a service to Iowa schools by the College of Education of The University of Iowa and is supported by Riverside Publishing on Nation Wide Basis. The emphasis in the program has been on the use of The Iowa Tests for instructional purposes. Riverside produces test materials and distributes them to The University of Iowa and manages the processing, scoring, and reporting of test results.
- Well Rounded Education We offer computer and specialized art instruction to all elementary students and intramural sports programs for 5th-8th graders. We are also proud to bring you our annual Spring Musical.
- Excellent Enthusiastic Teachers We have credentialed teachers, many with Masters Degrees, who are involved in current teaching methods and love children. Our teachers are eager to have the opportunity to tell children about Jesus.
- Great Families Our families also have a desire to have their children in a caring environment, surrounded with support and love. The result is much fewer discipline issues because of our excellent teaming with families.
- Love of Jesus! We promise that your children will hear every day that Jesus loves them! In a world that focuses on immediate gratification, your children will hear the story of the One who gave His life for us all.
The staff here are like family. The attention and dedication they give to the students make me very comfortable. I know they are in the best hands while at school. They are a school active in sports, academics, art. Whatever it is, you can be sure the students will be involved in some way large or small. I would recommend highly Christ Lutheran Brea School again and again. Give em a go. You will be so happy you did.
Excellent academic programs, small class sizes. School has a very family like atmosphere.
Endorse Christ Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?