- Asheville, North Carolina is home to two tradition boarding schools, each founded the same year, 1900.
- Christ School, with 230 boys from throughout the United States and from around the world, sits on a beautiful 500-acre campus with a full complement of facilities.
- Affilliated with the Episcopal Church, the School welcomes students all faiths.
- Christ School is about place, it's about academic offerings, it's about athletic and extracurricular offerings, but, most importantly, it's about people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Feb. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,995|
|Tuition Notes||Day Tuition is $26,550|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,342|
|Admissions Director||Palmer Straughn|
|Admissions Associate||Eric Thorp|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Freestyle Skiing, Golf,
Track and Field, Winter Track,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Asheville Grades: 9-12 | 295 students
360 Asheville School Road
Asheville, NC 28806
(828)254-6345 10.2 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.